Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Fixed!] My Weapon/warframe/sentinel Mod Screen Is Blank, With Three Weird Buttons At The Bottom Left.

Arsonide

I want to condense this bug down to one thread if possible. If more threads pop up with the issue, I'll edit the bottom of this main post with a link to all of them, so everything is all in one spot. If you are having this bug, please post below, preferably with what you were doing when the bug occurred, and a screenshot of the bug, as these things might assist the developers in fixing it faster.

This bug seems to only affect supercharged items, and can affect warframes, weapons, and sentinels. The mod screen goes blank, with three buttons at the bottom left that say "Random Mission". Logging out and restarting your client will not fix this issue, as it is an issue server side. Logging into the game from another computer, messing with the settings, and sacrificing goats does not appear to fix it either. Your item will be corrupt until the bug is fixed.

The bug looks like this:

2013-03-24_0823.png

Here is a list of other posts that are having the issue. I will update it as more people miss this thread and make their own. Notice that one of them was two months ago, before the mod update:

https://forums.warfr...y-wyrm-modules/

https://forums.warfr...85-ash-mods-ui/

https://forums.warfr...rkin-catalyist/

https://forums.warfr...ow-mods-ui-bug/

https://forums.warfr...-interface-bug/

https://forums.warfr...ng-arsenal-bug/

https://forums.warfr...klato-weird-ui/

https://forums.warfr...-paris-ui-bugs/

https://forums.warfr...s-to-sentinals/

https://forums.warfr...ion-button-bug/

https://forums.warfr...d-screen-error/

https://forums.warfr...-paris-bow-bug/

https://forums.warfr...upercharge-bug/

https://forums.warfr...mod-it-anymore/

Edited by Arsonide

Same as you, but for Mag (my favorite frame so far). I don't remember doing anything special when it happened, it had been supercharged for a long time already, and was level 14 at the time.

Would it be possible to petition the devs for an 'item reset' option, for when bugs like this happen? Just reset my MAG to 0, with catalyst, the other helmet option (found the bp for that and would hate to loose it) and the 4 basic ability cards and I'm happy, I understand that it's beta so I don't mind if it's reset I just want to be able to play a Mag that I can customize again :(.

EDIT: also, odd note, just like you I have a 3 above the 'installed mods' text. I've levelled the suit twice since the bug happened, and it's supercharged, so I know it's not current remaining energy (otherwise the number would have to be 4 or more) If other people also have a 3 there it could be indicative of the cause of the problem... maybe? (Infact looking through the list of threads pretty much everyone has a number 3 there)

Edited by KazyJumps

Is there any hope of getting this bug fixed soon? I really want to play Mag, she's my favorite frame, and right now I can't because there is no way for me to upgrade her powers, at all. It's really disheartening, especially since I know the bug only happens to characters that are supercharged, which a significant number of people will have done using cash rather than through ingame bp drops (I honstely don't remember if I brought or crafted to supercharge mag, but the knowledge that I might have dropped real cash on her but am unable to even play her is saddening).

Also, given that it seems to be a data corruption issue rather than anything else isn't someone going to have to manually fix them anyway? Wouldn't it be better to do it now rather than leaving it for later?

What does clicking on Random Mission do?

Also, try sacrificing a cow instead.

Nothing at all.

You can use Esc to back out of it, sort of. The UI stays there, on top of the normal Arsenal UI, if you back out to the Solar System view you can click on things but the UI from the buggy mods page is still there. The only way of removing it (outside of restarting the game) is to go to a page that isn't Arsenal (you can click on Foundry for example, from the Arsenal page, you don't have to back out to the solar system view) and then click the arsenal button to go back to the Arsenal page which will now be on top of the buggy mod UI. Then you click on the mod button for any item that isn't the bugged one and it will replace the buggy UI elements with it's own ones that work properly.

I'm curious how long some of these items can go before breaking. Friend had a Lex do the same. I just bought a Boar to try it out and upgraded it, but I'm a little worried about putting my good mods I'm also using for my Strun in it. Should I just go ahead with it because these can break any time, or do they usually break within a few hours or a day or something?

I got my Mag sometime before update 6, so maybe novemeber ish? I don't remember when that was precisely, and i had levelled it to 14 before it happened, and other people had got theirs to 30, so it can be a long time before it strikes.

Or of course it could just not happen at all, got something like 6 other supercharged items that haven't got this bug.

Is there any hope of getting this bug fixed soon? I really want to play Mag, she's my favorite frame, and right now I can't because there is no way for me to upgrade her powers, at all. It's really disheartening, especially since I know the bug only happens to characters that are supercharged, which a significant number of people will have done using cash rather than through ingame bp drops (I honstely don't remember if I brought or crafted to supercharge mag, but the knowledge that I might have dropped real cash on her but am unable to even play her is saddening).

Also, given that it seems to be a data corruption issue rather than anything else isn't someone going to have to manually fix them anyway? Wouldn't it be better to do it now rather than leaving it for later?

Yeah, it really does make it impossible to play after a certain point. Hope to see it get fixed really soon.

i know right, this needs to be fixed asap, im been constantly &!$$ed off by this glitch, i cant get my awesome modes out of my viper to put them on my akbolto or kraken, i change chars & setups alot, not been abble to afford mods for every weapons i have (yet) this is my way to go.... also going on with my wyrm, i cant do high level misions cuz he got bugged at an early level, so it has low lv mods on, i have realized the bug comes right after you super charge the weapon/sentinel/warframe when you use (catalyzers / reactors)....

asdads-1.png

asd-1.png

Something occured to me today. Mag (my warframe that is bugged) contains the only mod that I have fused with Fusion Cores, her Pull ability. It's the only mod that I've done this to, and it's installed in the warframe that bugged out.

Is the same true for anyone else?

EDIT: ofc, please post if you are sure you haven't fused a mod in your broken item with a fusion core, so we know if I'm wrong in my theory.

Edited by KazyJumps

Something occured to me today. Mag (my warframe that is bugged) contains the only mod that I have fused with Fusion Cores, her Pull ability. It's the only mod that I've done this to, and it's installed in the warframe that bugged out.

Is the same true for anyone else?

EDIT: ofc, please post if you are sure you haven't fused a mod in your broken item with a fusion core, so we know if I'm wrong in my theory.

I havent used a fusion core on mine, but this happened on my Cronus blade, I think it happens when u join a session too quick while just finishing on fixing up ur mods. Because I was fixing up my Cronus then I quickly joined my brother right as I was done (not sure if i clicked apply either), then when I got back from the mission this bug happened

Same happened to my Loki. I supercharged the warframe. After I went out of the mods screen for the warframe and came back in there, all my mods were unequiped. I then equiped my mods and saved it. The next time I went to the warframe mods screen, I saw what you can see in the screenshots people have posted above.

Does this mean my Loki is now unplayable (no more upgrades)?

Edited by BlackAlpha666

Same happened to my Loki. I supercharged the warframe. After I went out of the mods screen for the warframe and came back in there, all my mods were unequiped. I then equiped my mods and saved it. The next time I went to the warframe mods screen, I saw what you can see in the screenshots people have posted above.

Yup. This needs to get fixed pronto, anyone who gets hit with it on their starting warframe is pretty much screwed.

Edit: To clarify, you can still get XP on the frame, and the mods you currently do have attached still work (I think?), but you're correct about not being able to add any more.

Edited by Tenneal

My experience is the exact same as this step for step but for Excalibur, it makes me sad too because I just got my Wyrm today :( and stupid Jackal won't drop Rhino Systems BP so I can't even craft that to continue playing the game.

Really hope this is fixed soon as not being able to access my only Warframe is causing no desire for me to play.

God dammit. I was thinking about buying a whole bunch of Platinum, but knowing that such a bug could happen again (making the character unusable), I think I'll pass.

Forewarned is forearmed, you can still play just fine with this bug you can't can't edit the Frame/Item. Just make sure you have your mods sorted before you supercharge so you don't have to edit again.

The issue I have is that the screen with the mods of my Loki Warframe is bugged as described in the first post.

Here are complete logs from game startup, to the opening of the bugged screen, to game exit:

http://www.mediafire...8ucw8h9do45izpf

Here's what it says inside EE.log as soon as I open the screen with the previously mentioned bug:

168.805 Script [info]: Updating credits from DB

168.814 Gfx [info]: IDXGISwapChain::Present(0) returned S_OK - exiting standby mode

168.814 Gfx [Warning]: Dx11Driver::Present(): fullscreen mismatch - window=1,swapchain=0

168.814 Gfx [Warning]: Dx11Driver::Present(): queuing reset

168.817 Gfx [Warning]: ResetDriver called on: Dx11Driver

168.817 Sys [info]: Attempting to match mode 1920 x 1080.

168.821 Gfx [info]: Calling IDXGISwapChain::ResizeTarget(w=1920,h=1080,refresh=60000/1000,scanline=progressive,scaling=unspecified)

168.822 Gfx [info]: Calling IDXGISwapChain::SetFullscreenState(fullscreen=1)

169.169 Gfx [info]: Calling IDXGISwapChain::ResizeTarget(w=1920,h=1080,refresh=0/0,scanline=progressive,scaling=unspecified)

169.365 Sys [info]: Applied custom display settings:

Resolution=1920x1080

VSync=VSM_AUTO_SYNC

Dynamic Decals=1

Texture Quality=

Shadow Quality=

169.365 Sys [info]: Apex is doing a DriverReset

169.365 Sys [info]: Apex is doing a Force release of all vertex buffers

169.365 Sys [info]: Apex finished releasing vertex buffers

169.365 Sys [info]: Texture streaming NORMAL -> DISABLED [Heap: 228,309,104/255,983,616]

169.365 Sys [info]: Post mode change, IsFullscreen(1)

169.366 Input [info]: Enumerated XBOX 360 controller: 0

169.366 Input [info]: Enumerated XBOX 360 controller: 1

169.366 Input [info]: Enumerated XBOX 360 controller: 2

169.366 Input [info]: Enumerated XBOX 360 controller: 3

169.366 Input [info]: Setting input filter to /EE/Types/Input/MenuInputFilter

169.366 Input [info]: Setting input commands to /Lotus/Commands/LotusInputCommands

169.367 Sys [info]: Driver registered: InputMgrWin Supported types: []

169.367 Input [info]: InputMgrImpl Initialized

169.369 Input [info]: Setting input filter to /EE/Types/Input/MenuInputFilter

169.369 Input [info]: Setting input commands to /Lotus/Commands/LotusInputCommands

169.379 Sys [info]: Texture streaming DISABLED -> NORMAL [Heap: 228,209,824/255,983,616]

171.695 Gfx [info]: IDXGISwapChain::Present(1) returned DXGI_STATUS_OCCLUDED - entering standby mode

171.695 Gfx [Warning]: Dx11Driver::Present(): fullscreen mismatch - window=1,swapchain=0

171.695 Gfx [Warning]: Dx11Driver::Present(): queuing reset

171.702 Gfx [Warning]: ResetDriver called on: Dx11Driver

171.702 Gfx [Warning]: Dx11Driver::Reset(): window inactive -> forcing minimized

171.705 Sys [info]: Apex is doing a DriverReset

171.705 Sys [info]: Apex is doing a Force release of all vertex buffers

171.705 Sys [info]: Apex finished releasing vertex buffers

171.705 Sys [info]: Texture streaming NORMAL -> DISABLED [Heap: 225,886,592/255,983,616]

171.706 Sys [info]: Post mode change, IsFullscreen(1)

171.711 Input [info]: Enumerated XBOX 360 controller: 0

171.711 Input [info]: Enumerated XBOX 360 controller: 1

171.711 Input [info]: Enumerated XBOX 360 controller: 2

171.711 Input [info]: Enumerated XBOX 360 controller: 3

171.711 Input [info]: Setting input filter to /EE/Types/Input/MenuInputFilter

171.711 Input [info]: Setting input commands to /Lotus/Commands/LotusInputCommands

171.737 Sys [info]: Driver registered: InputMgrWin Supported types: []

171.738 Input [info]: InputMgrImpl Initialized

171.739 Input [info]: Setting input filter to /EE/Types/Input/MenuInputFilter

171.739 Input [info]: Setting input commands to /Lotus/Commands/LotusInputCommands

171.750 Sys [info]: Texture streaming DISABLED -> NORMAL [Heap: 225,880,432/255,983,616]

172.948 Script [info]: Alert #1 starting in -0.1202314 seconds

178.729 Script [info]: Skipping credits update (too frequent)

178.744 Gfx [info]: IDXGISwapChain::Present(0) returned S_OK - exiting standby mode

178.744 Gfx [Warning]: Dx11Driver::Present(): fullscreen mismatch - window=1,swapchain=0

178.744 Gfx [Warning]: Dx11Driver::Present(): queuing reset

178.751 Gfx [Warning]: ResetDriver called on: Dx11Driver

178.751 Sys [info]: Attempting to match mode 1920 x 1080.

178.759 Gfx [info]: Calling IDXGISwapChain::ResizeTarget(w=1920,h=1080,refresh=60000/1000,scanline=progressive,scaling=unspecified)

178.759 Gfx [info]: Calling IDXGISwapChain::SetFullscreenState(fullscreen=1)

179.047 Gfx [info]: Calling IDXGISwapChain::ResizeTarget(w=1920,h=1080,refresh=0/0,scanline=progressive,scaling=unspecified)

179.223 Sys [info]: Applied custom display settings:

Resolution=1920x1080

VSync=VSM_AUTO_SYNC

Dynamic Decals=1

Texture Quality=

Shadow Quality=

179.223 Sys [info]: Apex is doing a DriverReset

179.223 Sys [info]: Apex is doing a Force release of all vertex buffers

179.223 Sys [info]: Apex finished releasing vertex buffers

179.223 Sys [info]: Texture streaming NORMAL -> DISABLED [Heap: 226,293,536/255,983,616]

179.223 Sys [info]: Post mode change, IsFullscreen(1)

179.228 Input [info]: Enumerated XBOX 360 controller: 0

179.228 Input [info]: Enumerated XBOX 360 controller: 1

179.228 Input [info]: Enumerated XBOX 360 controller: 2

179.228 Input [info]: Enumerated XBOX 360 controller: 3

179.228 Input [info]: Setting input filter to /EE/Types/Input/MenuInputFilter

179.228 Input [info]: Setting input commands to /Lotus/Commands/LotusInputCommands

179.234 Sys [info]: Driver registered: InputMgrWin Supported types: []

179.234 Input [info]: InputMgrImpl Initialized

179.240 Input [info]: Setting input filter to /EE/Types/Input/MenuInputFilter

179.240 Input [info]: Setting input commands to /Lotus/Commands/LotusInputCommands

179.252 Sys [info]: Texture streaming DISABLED -> NORMAL [Heap: 226,391,920/255,983,616]

184.597 Script [info]: Background::OpenScreen(screenName=UpgradeCards)

184.613 Script [info]: Background::PushChildMovie(UpgradeCards)

184.615 Game [Error]: Artifact with no item compat: /Lotus/Upgrades/Mods/Fusers/RareModFuser

184.615 Game [Error]: Artifact with no item compat: /Lotus/Upgrades/Mods/Fusers/UncommonModFuser

184.615 Sys [Error]: Cannot localize WARFRAME (package not found)

184.615 Game [Error]: Artifact with no item compat: /Lotus/Upgrades/Mods/Fusers/RareModFuser

184.615 Game [Error]: Artifact with no item compat: /Lotus/Upgrades/Mods/Fusers/UncommonModFuser

184.615 Game [Error]: Artifact with no item compat: /Lotus/Upgrades/Mods/Fusers/CommonModFuser

184.616 Game [Error]: Artifact with no item compat: /Lotus/Upgrades/Mods/Fusers/RareModFuser

184.616 Game [Error]: Artifact with no item compat: /Lotus/Upgrades/Mods/Fusers/RareModFuser

184.617 Script [info]: Grid(Installed.Card1)::FocusPageById(1)

184.622 Script [info]: Grid(Installed.Card1)::FocusPageById(1)

184.622 Script [info]: Grid(Installed.Card1)::FocusPageById(1)

184.623 Script [info]: Grid(Available.Card1)::FocusPageById(1)

184.628 Script [info]: Grid(Available.Card1)::UnfocusPageById(2)

184.628 Script [info]: Grid(Available.Card1)::UnfocusPageById(3)

184.629 Script [info]: Grid(Available.Card1)::FocusPageById(1)

184.629 Script [info]: Grid(Available.Card1)::FocusPageById(1)

184.629 Sys [Error]: Script Error: [string "/Lotus/Interface/UpgradeCards.lua"]:224: attempt to index field 'mElement' (a nil value): In file D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Warframe\Lotus\Interface\UpgradeCards.lua, in function Initialize, with owner

184.629 Sys [info]: Created /Lotus/Interface/UpgradeCards.swf

Edited by BlackAlpha666