Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Tyrfing: The Infested Warframe (Wip) (I Cant Draw)

LetsGrindItOut

Hello! This is just a little idea I came up with, it mostly revolves around stats and abilities. I haven't even come up with a really good name for this potential Warframe yet, so this is very VERY much a work in progress. 

Also a quick disclaimer, if some of my concepts/ideas resemble other warframe concepts and ideas, its probably a coincidence. This is my first ever forum post, and I havent read into many other Warframe concepts yet, although I really can't wait to dive in and see what the community's been making together with these brilliant devs.

Lets start with the lore of this frame. Long story short, a group of tenno find an Orokin vault (on a derelict of course) to discover it needs no less than four dragon keys to enter it. Upon entering instead of an Orokin corrupted mod, they find an ancient Warframe cryopod, dating back to the orokin era. However, upon extracting this pod, they discover that the infestation has taken hold of the unfortunate Tenno in the pod... with surprising results.

At this point only really have 1 name floating around in my head for this warframe, and that name is Tyrfing. Tyrfing is a sword from Norse mythology that was heavily cursed, and I'm thinking that the Tyrfing Warframe could have originally been an Excalibur warframe before it was Infected. This is still completely up in the air. Look up Tyrfing on WIkipedia if you're interested at all in the story, its not bad.

Anywhoo... here's the fun part... abilities!

...And Stats!

Okay here's the stats im thinking about. 125 base health 125 base shields and 100 base armor. The base speed should be on the lower side, (not as slow as Rhino though) with slightly above average stamina, with a base energy pool of 110.

***EDIT*** I was also thinking he could come with a Dash polarity slot and D polarity slot, perfect for some power efficiency/duration and adding some survivability. As for an aura polarity, either Dash, D, or no polarity, with preferred auras being energy siphon, physique, rejuvenation, and possibly even sprint boost.

What I'm aiming for is a support tank Warframe, that can scale into lategame, but still have a slight challenge to play. Here are his abilities:

1. Adrenaline Rush (5 energy base cost) Using this ability increases Tyrfing's Movespeed and Armor by a percent, for a limited amount of time, extendable by duration mods. However, while it is active, his shields will not recharge. This ability may be cancelled for no energy cost by pressing 1 again at any time during its duration. The percent of movespeed and armor will not be affected by strength mods.

Alright, so the idea is to give him some much needed mobility, and increase his tankyness, at a cost. You could use it to speedrun your way through an Assassination mission, or use it to get to a downed teammate in survival. But you must be careful not to spam this ability, or you'll end up dead pretty quick.

2. Stimulate (75 energy base cost) This is your panic button. Using this ability stimulates the senses of all nearby friendly Tenno, causing their already incredible reflexes to skyrocket. All enemies will appear to have drastically slowed down, and even projectiles and enemy fire rate slow down, for a duration. This ability is affected by duration and range mods. (its not global like Trinity's Blessing) This ability will not effect shield recharge speed for Tenno, but will adversely effect enemy shield recharge speeds.

Again, this is your panic button. It can be used when you're doing a T3 Exterminate and you open a door to a room full of corrupt heavy gunners and ancients to save your skin; It can be used to help during the later waves in Grineer survivals vs Napalms, bombards, and Heavy gunners (oh my!). You can use it to buy time to get a friend back on their feet if they went down. Panic button.

3. Screech (40 energy base cost) The other panic button. He has two? Yes he does. Upon use, Tyrfing lets loose a blood-curdling Valkyr-esque scream that pulls all enemy aggro in an area (extendable by range mods). These enemies will be out for Tyrfing's blood until you put them down however, TL;DR the duration is potentially infinite.

I can see possible balance issues with this skill already, (just wait for his ult though...) such as people keeping a single crawler or charger alive in ODD and using this skill to effectively give free cryopod regen in between waves, etc. But if this frame actually ever sees development I'm sure DE will pick up the slack I left with this ability. The idea is he's a support tank, and if no one's attacking the tank, what good is he?

I apologize in advance for the challenge balancing the following skill will pose DE.

4. Immovable Object (TOGGLE, ??? energy per second) TL;DR drains energy in exchange for crazy health regen (Tyrfing is the only one who gets the regen) Ok. So if you leave this ability on, and or spam it, you will constantly be out of energy. This is where the "Skill" comes in. He's all about micromanaging your energy pool. But the problem is, how fast will it drain energy? I want to be able tank long enough with Screech to help my team and not be useless, but if the energy drain is too little, you can just take Streamline, Flow, and Stack Energy Siphons to keep Immovable object rolling to infinity. Should the speed of the regen be affected by Power Strength? I DONT KNOW! HELP ME PLEASE!

I want this warframe to be A MORE EFFECTIVE TANK THAN RHINO, but only for those who are willing to put the time in and figure out which situations truly call for his game-changing abilites... I want there to be real thought going on as to whether or not you should cancel Adrenaline Rush early or not, I want there to be tactical thought as to when you should try and pull aggro for your team, and when you should let them fend for themselves...

Anyway, thanks a lot, and let me know about any ideas and criticisms you may have, I want to hear it all.

Thanks for reading this sad sad wall of text.

-LetsGrind

Edited by LetsGrindItOut

Interesting concept for a new tank frame (this is coming from a Rhino player), especially with the potential combos of his abilities.

An energy/sec ability would definitely be tricky to manage with Energy Leech leaders or Ancient Disruptors around, and the name "Immovable Object" sounds like it would imply knock-down resistance. Maybe consider "Unyielding Determination" or something that keeps that theme of not dying if it doesn't grant knock-down resistance like Rhino's Iron Skin.

With the Adrenaline Rush ability, what were you thinking in terms of duration? Something granting armor and move speed sounds like it would be more burst than extended, though countering it with the no shield regen definitely makes it an interesting trade-off. Would a Shield Restore item, Mag's Shield Polarize, or Trinity's Blessing still restore shields during this ability?

The energy costs for the abilities also seem a bit unorthodox, though variety is not a bad thing. I would probably swap Screech and Stimulate just to keep the energy costs in line, plus Stimulate feels like a 3rd ability similar to Rhino's Roar since it benefits the squad while Screech only affects the user.

One funny thought: What happens if two players use Screech on the same enemy?

All in all, I personally think it's a neat concept, plus pulling in some Norse Myth for the name: yes.

Thanks a lot for the feedback! Now time to answer some questions.

Firstoff I was toying around with the Ult giving innate momentum to the Warframe itself... similar to how the Galatine charge attack can resist interrupts but is not immune to it. But knockdown thresholds and stuff would be crazy hard to calculate. All in all you're probably right about the Ult, a name change may be in order.

Second, I was thinking that Adrenaline Rush would be kind of like Volt's Speed ability and Valkyr's Warcry (Just the armor buff) ability in one, but only for Tyrfing. That's just the way I visualize it, because when it comes to numbers, I'm clueless. It would probably last 20 seconds base at max rank however. And yes, support frame abilities and buffs will apply their full effect onto Tyrfing regardless of whether or not he is using Adrenaline Rush. The only cost is his passive shield regen and 5 energy.

Yeah switching the 2 and 3 abilites seems a good bet, but there is a precedent: Nekros's 2 (terrify) costs 75 energy while his 3 (desecrate) costs 50. I figured its no big deal but if more people want the abilites in that order, who am I to say no?

If 2 players use screech on the same enemy, the one who used it last will get the aggro. If its used at the same time... idk. You got me. Now that you mention it it sounds like you could abuse that like crazy on boss runs... I never thought of that! However most bosses are immune to CC. That was a genuinely good question.

Thanks again for reading, and I hope this answers some questions, or at least give a bit more detail and clarity to the directions I want this to go in.

Edited by LetsGrindItOut

Yeah switching the 2 and 3 abilites seems a good bet, but there is a precedent: Nekros's 2 (terrify) costs 75 energy while his 3 (desecrate) costs 50. I figured its no big deal but if more people want the abilites in that order, who am I to say no?

Having not played Nekros, I did not know this. I was basing off of Excalibur, Frost, and Rhino who all use the 25, 50, 75, 100 scheme for ability energy. It doesn't make a huge difference unless DE has some sort of unspoken rule on the matter of selecting which number the ability is on.

I think in the event of using at the SAME EXACT TIME, how completely unlikely that actually is aside, it would probably either randomly select one or go with who is closest to the target(s) in conflict. That or (for the sake of being over the top), the enemy just splits in half and dies. I'd laugh at that.

Good answers, thanks. Hopefully some other people (maybe someone with the artistic ability I wish I had) will see this and contribute as well.