Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fusion Math Logic Fail

Pave

Okay, I know there are some similiar topics floating around (to which I kindly ask links for, since this is important to discussion); I mainly tried to make a bit more matching title. So here goes:

Fusing anything but "raw/level/rank-0"-dublicates is unprofitable and inefficient fusion-power-wise. Here's a example:

(Ability/power-upgrade/mod, in the particular order from left to right)

Rank 0 + Rank 0 = Rank 1 -> okay and works like it should, and costs 800

Rank 1 + Rank 0 = Rank 1,5 -> Same cost, logical increase in "fusion progress"

Rank 1 + Rank 0 + Rank 0 = Rank 2 -> makes sense and costs 1600 credits

Rank 1 + Rank 1 = Rank 1,75 -> Hmm, costs 1600... And only 3/4 increase?

Rank 0 + Rank 1 = Rank 1.25 -> What the...? And costs 1600 credits.

So yeah, there's no profit to "tidy up" your mod-collection by fusing all the rank 0s for the later fusing. Not to mention you can accidetally downgrade your mods, causing to you lose even more credits. Won't do, can't have this...A re-check-up for this system needs to be done ASAP.

Edited by Pave

I made this mistake a few days ago, luckily with some stamina mod I only partially care about. There needs to be a logic gate that checks which of the mods being fused is the highest-ranked and uses that as the base (as opposed to always using the one that was selected).

Or to simply make the system actually "stack" the upgrades/mods correctly instead of making random "functions" that can devaluate your mods.

In honesty, this shouldn't happen in the first place, since we're only dealing with positive numbers, and there's no avarge/mean-numbers mentioned either in the system.

I.E. the whole system is supposed to be addition with no negative numbers, or divisions, or multiplications.

Edited by Pave

Thank you for the fix. Even if the initial bill for fusing got slightly incresed (was 800, now 900), the fusion progress itself now works as it should plus the fusing becomes "more cheaper" further on (combining lvl 1 into somthing used to costs 1800, now it only costs 1350).

Also, the order of adding the mods/upgrades won't matter aymore. In other words, addition is now actually addition -> math works.

Thank you again.

Also, the order of adding the mods/upgrades won't matter aymore. In other words, addition is now actually addition -> math works.

From a newbie-perspective, that was the worst part: It's one thing for stuff to be expensive, it's another thing for you to accidentally waste money you didn't have to waste.

Edited by HvcTerr

Disregard previous post, it's still happening.

I can choose two mods to combine, and A+B != B+A.

Not only that, but, even ignoring credit costs, combining (A+A+A+A) != (A+A)+(A+A)

I'm too afraid to do any fusion now, because I have no clue which order-of-operations are going to screw me over...

Here's a screenshot.

Edited by HvcTerr

A mod's fusion energy isn't determined by the fusion energy you've invested into it, but solely by its rank. Each rank adds a fixed amount to its value*. However, since the energy it takes to increase each rank is double the previous rank, you stand to lose an incredible amount of fusion energy the further you rank up a mod. A rank 6 mod may require as few as 63 rank 0 mods, but will provide nowhere near as much in return, meaning you stand to lose a huge amount of your investment if you were to fuse that into another mod.

*That amount used to be 50% of its base value, or so the wiki thought, but it's apparently slightly less than that.

Edited by IcarusNine