Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

>> Dark Sectors: Overview & Conflict [Dynamic Spreadsheet]

Hadronox

Question

Dark Sectors: Overview & Conflict - LINK

About the Project

I consider this project a WIP and I have been working on it for a while, but I think it is good enough now to share with the public.

The purpose of this project is to give users a general overview of what is happening in Dark Sectors.

For that end, it includes 2 tabs, OVERVIEW and CONFLICT, in addition to an extra tab called PROJECTIONS (details below).

I know there are some websites out there with a similar function, so this is not a replacement for them. It simply offers an alternate "window" into Dark Sectors with a different perspective and representation, using a different medium (Google Docs).

All the info available in the tables is pulled directly from the official Warframe API, and should be constantly and dynamically refreshed every minute or so. Please bear in mind that this is a spreadsheet and NOT a website, so the tools available to Google Docs are not as accurate or extensive (unfortunately). As such, one small issue is that you may encounter some slowness in the data refresh cycles from time to time, which may also depend on your browser. If this happens, just be a bit patient, as the refresh interval is fast. Otherwise just refresh the page.

Technical Note

This project has been fun and challenging in terms of its technicality and I believe I pushed Google Docs as far as I can lol. It took a lot of time, work and dedication to achieve what I doubted could be done in Google Docs. I even had to come up with several ideas and methods in order to make some things work. Needless to say, I am proud of how it turned out to be :P

If you have any feedback or suggestions, please do not hesitate to share. Also, I do not mind answering any questions if anyone (for some odd reason :)) is interested in knowing about the technical aspects of the project.

Functions

OVERVIEW tab:

This gives you a 1-shot glimpse into what is currently happening in DS, including all the information relevant to each node. It also includes a breakdown of tax and profit, i.e. what you should be earning from running each node, as a solo player or in a full party of 4. 

CONFLICT tab:

This gives you a general overview of the "warfare" (warframe?) side of DS: who is attacking whom, rail health points, battle pay, timers, etc etc.

PROJECTIONS tab:

This is an additional tool to estimate how much income is expected to be made by the "owners" of Dark Sector nodes, based on their current tax(es). This could be per run or per minute (estimate), and tailored to different party sizes.

Dark Sectors: Overview & Conflict - LINK

Special thanks to Drasiel for her time in helping me test quite a few things :)

Informational Notes on Dark Sectors

I gathered this info in the process of making the spreadsheet and testing things in game to come up with the proper formulas:

- Dark Sector nodes show a certain credit reward in the UI, for example, Sechura (Pluto) shows "10,000" credits. But if you actually run the mission solo, your end mission credit reward will be 20,000, which is x2 that amount. This equates to a base credit of 10,000 (shown in UI), plus an equal bonus credit of 10,000 (provided that the tax is 0% of course).

- Party bonus is not linear. It is, in fact, +10% of the base credit that is shown in the UI per party member (other than you, so up to a maximum of 3 members). That is why, for example, running Sechura (Pluto) with a full group yields 23,000 (again provided that the tax is 0%). This equates to an additional 1,000 credits, i.e. +10% of 10,000, per party member.

- Running a DS mission for longer than 5 waves (in Defense), and 5 mins (in Survival) does not yield more end mission credits.

- Only base + bonus credit reward is shown as one "lump sum" figure at the end mission's first "reward screen".

- Credit pickup from drops and lockers is not shown there in the initial screen, but is instead shown under "Rewards" tab as "Mission Credits".

- Credit "cache" from Survival missions also appears separately as a "drop", along with mission mods. Credit "cache" is NOT taxed.

- Taxes are deducted from both the base credit, bonus credit, and party bonus (if you are in a party).

- Only 1 question remains which is impossible to test: does the DS credit tax affect Credits you pick up from drops during the mission, like credits you pickup from lockers, for example? And if so, are they taxed "on pickup", or at the end of the mission?

Lastly, as a comparison baseline, here are a few examples of credit rewards earned from normal node missions, in solo play (most to least profitable):

Pluto, Outer Terminus (Defense): 3,700 cr

Pluto, Palus (Survival): 3,600 cr

Ceres, Varro (Defense): 2,900 cr

Venus, E Gate (Survival): 1,400 cr

Enjoy,

Hadronox

Edited by Hadronox

5 answers to this question

There is work to be done. :)

Can you elaborate plz?

To everyone else, thank you ;)

I realize there is 1 issue that I started to notice, and that is GoogleDocs caching/memoization of the custom import function that I use (http://blog.fastfedora.com/projects/import-json), which interferes with the updating process. Is there anyone versed with GoogleDocs scripting that could lend a hand? I feel a workaround is easy, but I cannot find anything useful to my case when I Google this issue.

Edited by Hadronox