Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bone-Chilling Darkness: Tengu

CrowMoxie

OK... Hope this works. Fingers crossed.

Hello Everyone, this is my first of many concepts to come, hopefully I can get better supplies by then so I do not have to draw everything in #2 pencil. Sorry for the quality if you find it underwhelming, this is my first time posting art online and my first topic on here so hopefully it's not too much of a mess. I also have a deviantart account (same name) and will be updating there as well.

I plan to put the pictures up first then fill in with info after (hopefully to make everything more understandable) so please enjoy, tell me what you honestly think, ideas of your own are welcome (such as lore, stats and damage numbers as an example, I'm not good at those yet), rate it, and pass it around for others to see! Please and Thank you for your time, it is very heartfelt and appreciated! 

-Page Zero: 

http://crowmoxie.deviantart.com/art/Bone-Chilling-Darkness-Tengu-000-466685822?q=gallery%3ACrowMoxie%2F49741405&qo=8

-Page One: 

http://crowmoxie.deviantart.com/art/Bone-Chilling-Darkness-Tengu-001-466690978?q=gallery%3ACrowMoxie%2F49741405&qo=7

-Page Two: 

http://crowmoxie.deviantart.com/art/Bone-Chilling-Darkness-Tengu-002-466692239?q=gallery%3ACrowMoxie%2F49741405&qo=6

-Page Three: 

http://crowmoxie.deviantart.com/art/Bone-Chilling-Darkness-Tengu-003-466692767?q=gallery%3ACrowMoxie%2F49741405&qo=5

-Page Four: 

http://crowmoxie.deviantart.com/art/Bone-Chilling-Darkness-Tengu-004-466693613?q=gallery%3ACrowMoxie%2F49741405&qo=4

-Page Five: http://crowmoxie.deviantart.com/art/Bone-Chilling-Darkness-Tengu-005-466694709?q=gallery%3ACrowMoxie%2F49741405&qo=3

-Page Five DE Dark Sector Stalker Art Reference: Stalker.jpg

-Page Six: 

http://crowmoxie.deviantart.com/art/Bone-Chilling-Darkness-Tengu-006-466696644?q=gallery%3ACrowMoxie%2F49741405&qo=2

-Tengu ingame simple talk (Warning there is a little harsh laguage):

http://crowmoxie.deviantart.com/art/Tengu-text-with-Skips-466701428?q=gallery%3ACrowMoxie%2F49741405&qo=1

(On a side note, Wikipedia has a good shorthand of Crow mythos from around the world  so you can get a better idea of some of my choices for this concept. Though I wish I knew myself ahead of time, I did my research old-school at my local library.) 

I hope you enjoyed my concept, thank you so much for looking at it! I will  be updating this post with more info and colored, cleaner versions of this concept, but right now I wanted to get the first of it out here. And sorry it's so huge and long, I know it's a lot to take in.

- Crow Moxie

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

-UPDATE-

Ok, so until I can find the information on how to add those SPOILERS buttons (I am using Chrome if that helps narrow the search for a working answer), I'm gonna change the pictures to URL links to my deviantart pics of them to save room. I'm very, very sorry for the inconvenience from that. If you know how to add the SPOILER buttons, please tell me so I can change it here. Thank you!

And here's a rework of the forth power, Nevermore, hope you like it! Until I (or you) can think up of suitable stats for all this all I have to say about it is that It works like Ash's Bladestorm with appearance/presentation/view. but it functions like Saryn's Miasma with its effect/function/mechanics.

http://crowmoxie.deviantart.com/art/Bone-Chilling-Darkness-Tengu-007-467489889?q=gallery%3ACrowMoxie%2F49741405&qo=0

Sorry to be so brief, but I'm hashing out even more ideas to evolve this concept. I will update this as more stats or ideas get cooked up! Hope you like this, upvote it, and get the word around for this. I want to get more people then myself onboard for creating this concept. All ideas are welcome! And there is additional info in the comments below about this concept so don't forget to look at those for more info! Please and Thank you for your time!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

-UPDATE ANNOUNCEMENT-

WELL. Since I was away the name Tengu got taken so I need some help! I need help renaming this concept and whoever gives the best, whether it be most fitting or most upvoted, will get accredited for it and from any updates forwards will get credited on there. At that point I will consider the concept not solely my own but shared between us. Sorry for being away for so long, I'm gonna get back to updating this more often now with more artwork and ideas. Sorry If there are any grammar issues, I just wanted to put this announcement as quickly as possible. May the best one win!

Edited by CrowMoxie

Thank you so much :D it makes me really joyful to see that you like it! Hope to see you again on here! I'm really worried that people wont care for it at all... Glad to see a positive comment at the get-go.

Edited by CrowMoxie

And sorry it's so huge and long, I know it's a lot to take in.

- Crow Moxie

hue.

hue hue.

How so? I'm curious for your opinion.

well there's two main questions i have:

1) why do we need yet another thing fighting beside us Tenno, on top of sentinels and kubrows?

2) don't we already have a summon ability-- nekros? With this, Nekros would drop even lower on the charts.

well there's two main questions i have:

1) why do we need yet another thing fighting beside us Tenno, on top of sentinels and kubrows?

2) don't we already have a summon ability-- nekros? With this, Nekros would drop even lower on the charts.

2) Well with Nekros' Shadows you can control your spawn loadout and build it up accordingly, versus Omen which is mainly a melee and finisher companion.

1) Kubrows and Sentinels are constant and customizable but can die, while Omen is more focused and resummonable.

(Sorry I didn't answer your points in order)

Edited by CrowMoxie

Well with Nekros' Shadows you can control your spawn loadout and build it up accordingly, versus Omen which is mainly a melee and finisher companion.

Mmk, makes sense. I just thought the "summon" part was a little iffy tbh.The mechanics themselves make sense, I just dunno if DE would want frames getting too close to one another.

Mmk, makes sense. I just thought the "summon" part was a little iffy tbh.The mechanics themselves make sense, I just dunno if DE would want frames getting too close to one another.

Want frames getting too close to one another?

so this "summon" thing would be like a specter, but it would despawn after an amount of time (and no pokeball).... if im understanding correctly?

Hey pretty much. I guess it would be comparable to Link or something in that context (though I'm not sure if Link is the best comparing point, may not work well as one).

Oh and I have another question about the ordering of your skills:

Usually Ability 1 is the spammable, low cost ability. Did you specifically have a reason for putting the omen summon there instead of the grenade gourd? Seems to me like the grenade would be more of the spamming skill.

Also, by "getting close to one another" I just meant that it feels like Tengu would be encroaching on Nekros' territory as the "dark frame"

Hey pretty much. I guess it would be comparable to Link or something in that context (though I'm not sure if Link is the best comparing point, may not work well as one).

to link?... alright then now im completely confused about the casting... xD

Usually Ability 1 is the spammable, low cost ability. Did you specifically have a reason for putting the omen summon there instead of the grenade gourd? Seems to me like the grenade would be more of the spamming skill.

Also, by "getting close to one another" I just meant that it feels like Tengu would be encroaching on Nekros' territory as the "dark frame"

if im understanding correctly, the gourd has a duration... so that would technically make it unspammable

1) Well I didn't want MG to be overly-spammed due all of its small effects and its combo with Nightshade, but flipping its spot with Omen is a possibility.

2) And there are already two stealth frames already in the game, One being more Utility focused, and the other Offense focused. It's the same case here, Nekros being the Utility and Tengu the offense.

1) Well I didn't want MG to be overly-spammed due all of its small effects and its combo with Nightshade, but flipping its spot with Omen is a possibility.

2) And there are already two stealth frames already in the game, One being more Utility focused, and the other Offense focused. It's the same case here, Nekros being the Utility and Tengu the offense.

Ah that's true. I guess if the 2 can be uniquely different in the same way that Loki n Ash are different, it could work. K sounds good. Sorry about grilling you with all the questions--just seems like a cool unique idea and I wanted to see if everything had been considered/ thought out. Seems so. Good luck man, I support the concept.

to link?... alright then now im completely confused about the casting... xD

Yeah sorry about that, Link was the first power already in the game that popped into my head at the moment that seemed to work.

Pretty much Tengu summons the familiar that manifests from the two darkness trails (in turn replacing and turning the trails effect off during the duration of Omen) and it is sitting on your left shoulder (pad) or is attacking enemies in its allotted range to the player. Pretty much you call it out and its good to go and you wont need to maintenance it further until Omen wears off.

Hope that helped clarify.

Ah that's true. I guess if the 2 can be uniquely different in the same way that Loki n Ash are different, it could work. K sounds good. Sorry about grilling you with all the questions--just seems like a cool unique idea and I wanted to see if everything had been considered/ thought out. Seems so. Good luck man, I support the concept.

Not a problem at all, those were really good and needed questions, I'm really glad you asked me them! And I welcome any further  questions of the sort from you all, it'll help this concept grow and hopefully get DE's attention. And thank you for your support to this, it really means a lot to me.

if im understanding correctly, the gourd has a duration... so that would technically make it unspammable

It's very possible that MG will have a duration in the final cut, and that could in turn negate spamming, but the duration, or mainly its effects, will be short-lived and wont be there long. 

And on a side note, When MG is tossed inside the range of Nightshade it will detonate the powers into a Blast damage knockdown, (MG being the Fire and Nightshade the Ice) immediately ending both powers lingering effects and duration, and there will be a very short cool-down after so you can't just run around detonating like a bat outta hell. But the Blast combo will not detonate if the player approaches a tossed/active MG already in the game, theirs or otherwise, with Nightshade on, in turn canceling the possibility of gaining MG's drop chance effects and the Blast damage simultaneously.

So just to clarify, Nightshade ->/plus MG = Blast effect and MG ->/plus Nightshade does not = Blast effect. It's a one-way street, you can't have both gains.

One last thing, just with other powers/mods (such as Power Efficiency capping out at +75% if I recall correctly) already in the game, MG has a bonus/effectiveness limit when stacked with other player's MG's.

Great idea Crow, kinda looks like Hybi though... Or maybe thats just my imagination... I like the enemy highlighting thingy, and Omen, but can you explain more about his skills? I didnt quite understand everything ^^

Yeah uhh... In my mind Tengu's more akin to Oberon or Volt, but hopefully cleaning the image up and adding some color will help clear the view. I will explain the powers more yes, but this very moment I'm preoccupied so I will either add another post with that info or update this one. I just wanted to respond asap since I was here at the moment.