Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Redesigned Grineer Heavy Appearance Version 2.0-Thanks For The Feedback![Concept Art]

JackieTheJackal

So with all the feedback I got, I redrew my original Grineer Heavy concepts while keeping the suggestions of others in mind.

This was the original Concept Art:

warframe_visual_concept_revamped_grineer

And this is version 2!:

warframe_visual_revamp_grineer_heavies_v

Overall:

I kept the big fist design for the purposes of the ground pound in-game. Each one was individualized to make them unique rather than clones with different guns.

The Heavy Gunner:

Most people said the Heavy Gunner was fine the way it is, but I wanted to draw a new revamped one anyway, with a little bit of insanity thrown in. 

The Napalm:

People said the first Heavy design fit the Napalm pretty well, but it looked way too top heavy and out of porportion. So I rescaled him to look more human shaped but still retain the original design. Plus he has flame breath now!

The Bombard:

Redesigned him to look more muscular rather than bulky. Tilted the goggles to make him look mad.

Lore for Fun:

Heavy Gunners: Created to fight the Tenno, the constant firepower delivered by the Heavy Gunner can quickly shred through armour and shields alike. Using an augmented left arm to control the recoil of the Gorgon, the Heavy Gunner can concentrate fire easily to destroy its desired target. Heavy Gunners however suffer from a genetic mutation similar to that of the Grustrag Three, making them insane but very combat efficient. Using the same technology to control the Grustrag Three, Heavy Gunners can be deployed as heavy support for the Grineer.

Napalm: Designed by Sargas Ruk, the Napalms are meant to flush out the cowardly Corpus and Tenno from their hiding spots using a specially augmented Ogris that shoots balls of fire rather than missiles. Against Infested, the Napalm has a built-in Ignis flamethrowers that replace their mouths to burn away any who get too close. The Napalms feature very heavy armor and are mostly mechanical in nature.

Bombard: Created with the Tenno in mind, the Bombard's Ogris missile launcher has a special homing feature to seek out and destroy its target, even if they are hidden. The Bombard's tracking systems allows to always know the location of its foes.

So now that I made a version 2, more feedback on this new design would be appreciated! Thanks!

Edited by JackieTheJackal

Looks great!

But I really think it doesn't not fit the Grineer concept.

Grineer are supposed to be cloned humans, not some alien super warriors.

They're an oppressive empire and not advanced warrior society. You can even hear their attitude from Liset's radio.