Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ideas For Traps, Hazards And Random Events.

Ignaetious

I think that randomization is very important for any game centered around repeatable content.  I think the stuff the have in the game (the breakable windows, etc.) are a good start.  I thought I would make a post where we could throw some ideas out for some more randomly occurring events that could take place during missions.

Radiation leak-  There could be a very small chance upon doing a sabotage mission and destroying the core, that there is a radiation leak that persists until you get to extraction and inflicts everyone with radiation causing friendly fire.  Yeah I realize this could cause some griefing, but just an idea.

Right where we want you-  Imagine if you were running down the hallway to the extraction point and suddenly the floor falls out from under you, or the the doors lock, etc.  The idea is that the extraction was a ruse and something happens, a random boss attacks you and you either have to: kill him, hack the doors, escape through vents in the ceiling, whatever.

Hull breach-  I am sure this has been suggested somewhere before.  Upon completing the objective of a mission there is a hull breach.  It starts a countdown to get to extraction before you start suffocating and causes low gravity.

Corpus executive- A random capture target.  He appears in any mission type but defense, he is well guarded, and runs very fast if you manage to kill him before he escapes he drops a lot of money (10-20k?).  Yeah this is pretty much like a treasure goblin.

Wanted targets- In the same vein as the thing above.  There could be a bounty computer on your ship that lets you see a list of bounties, that change every week.  Each target would have a last seen on X planet.  Any mission you do on that planet would have a random chance of seeing that target spawn, and they should be difficult to take down and offer a credit reward and or resources, blueprints.

Hazardous terrain-  I would like to see rockslides and storms on planets.  Storms pretty much being like the ice and fire hazards.  Except maybe have different types of storms depending on what planet you are on.

Big X of death- Ok this one is a little out there, but I would like to see some reason for us to use stealth.  Those of you who played resident evil 3 remember nemesis.  I think it would be cool if there was a random extremely powerful monster, robot whatever that could interrupt your mission, and unless you are all absolutely armed to the teeth your only option is to ninja vanish your way out of it, or run like hell.

These are just some things that I though would make the game a little more fun, and tense.  I'd like to see everyone's ideas for stuff like this.  I am new to the game, I think it is amazing and wanted to get involved, but feel free to tell me if any of this has been suggested before or if it is dumb and wouldn't work.

For Radiation leak, that is a really bad idea, for the fact that you stated. I'd put in more of a quickly deteriorating health or your speed is reduced due to internal system shutdowns. *meaning Warframe systems, not ship or what-have-you

I do think Right where we want you is a neat idea, for Assassination missions, that'd be actually really fun if the ones we are hunting attacked us for a change.

I would toss the Corpus Capture and just have the Bounty one. It has more player controlled circumstances, chances for events, and can't be farmed as easily.

Big X of Death... hmm.. I suppose it could work I mean.. really only on planet levels because the hallways are so narrow, which also means it would have size problems. Not to mention, it's similar to Stalker and G3. But I see were you're coming from and could be interesting fer sure.

Edited by OokamiDamashi

Yeah the radiation leak could definitly be something else, In a perfect world where you don't have any trolls or careless people that would just kill the hell out of everyone, it would be a really interesting thing trying not to hit your team mates.

The idea for the big x of death is that it would be something that would continue to harrass you until you manage to escape, like a super stalker that is much harder to kill and doesn't leave after he kills his target.

And you are totally right about the bounty thing, it is pretty much the same thing.

I agree, any kind of random content to change things up a bit are great for repeatable content.

I'll toss some out too:

Captured Tenno: Ever wonder why in survival missions they never catch on to the fact that the players are the distraction?  I mean I understand we are supposed to be diverting the attention of the target enemy faction but come on give me a 1/100 chance that some corpus solider just happened to notice the spy and now it is a rescue mission!  Or better yet (this is a leap but...) let 3 distract and 1 be the spy.  If he/she gets seen then we have to go rescue him/her.

Captured Tenno B:  You failed a survival, you have been captured by the opposing faction.  Now you must break out find your weapons and get to extraction!

Enemy Within: (again this is a leap) So how cool would it be while playing pulic in a 4 person mission that the 4th man is actually an AI Tenno who will turn on you as an enemy agent?  Possibly lore breaking?

Kubrow Pack: Earth only chance that a pack of kubrow attacks lead by an Alpha kubrow.  So you go on a grineer extermination but then Lotus informs you that this pack has wiped out the grineer and now you need to get to extraction alive!  You have to wade through Kubrow, fight the alpha if you wish but it is more of an escape mission.

Stealth: An actual stealth mission, getting noticed gets you caught or killed.

Sowing Seeds of Ill Will: Disguise yourself as one faction and attack another.  Forces you to equip faction specific equipment.

What Are THEY Doing Here!?: You are fighting one faction when the other attacks unexpectedaly.  Now it is a three way battle!

What Are THEY Doing Here!? B: You take a mission against one faction to find that they are nowhere to be seen.  It is actually one of the other factions!

These are not well thought out so I'm sure there are some that would be stupid.  Some would probably be better mission types than random events.

I would also like to see more special enemies or stronger versions of normal enemies.  I know these already exist but currently they are no more threatening in most cases than the normal version.  I'd like to see a beefed up version of a heavy grineer and immediatly dive for cover instead of just plowing through them like normal guys.

Yeah these are some good ideas, like the survival stuff.  I got another one.

Double agent- There is a small chance upon starting a spy mission that one player will be contacted by corpus/grineer and tell them they will double/triple the cash reward if they bring the intel to them. Once all the data caches have been retrieved, if the double agent accepted the contract, they will become killable by the rest of the team.  Then if they don't have the data cache they have to kill the person with it and take it, when they do have it they either have to fight their way out or escape.  If they get to the extraction they suceed and all the other players still get out, but they only get to keep their resources and mods and get no creds, while the double agent gets the agreed upon amount of creds.

• 2 weeks later...