Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Spark Alone [Fanfiction]

PureBeurre

Crackeling energy, that is all I hear as I silently crouch down these halls. I stop only to realize it is the constant electricity running down my frame. I am getting too excited but I don't care. Anyone who has been cooped up in a cryopod for years would be. Still I am quiet as if stalking some prey. Yet there is no prey, the ship is empty. Was the Lotus wrong? Did she wake me up for nothing? No, something is wrong this ship is an experimental station for the grineer they should be everywhere. The Lotus said they had a major break through that could threaten us. Every fiber in my body is now on a razors edge. Then impatience over takes me and I stand tall and run down half the length of the station in the blink of an eye.

Objects blurring by me left and right yet nothing. I start heading to the extraction point thinking this was a fluke when I see an organic growth on the ground and I know what is to come. With boundless energy but a sinking feeling in my heart I continue on. I croutch just a s before when the lights go out but I needn't worry My gun has a forward mounted flash light. Now though I feel the electricity receed from the ground below me like a dear friend retreating from the battlefield. I feel abandoned by everything for a moment then remeber I am VOLT embodyment of electricity, it never leaves me.

With renewed confidence I continue on. Out of the corner of my eye I see something moving nothing that I could identify at the time though. I slowly move towards it and... it sees me. I expected nothing less for I am niether Ash nor Banshee steath is just not my forte. So I move quickly slashing my skana across the unknown entities midsection cutting it cleanly in half. proud of my work I move to prepare for the impending assult. I tumble, the entity I had just slashe was grabbing my ankle! It was still alive!!?? I took a closer look at it for once and it had the look of a greneer gone wrong but not infected. Then a closer look at the organic ground material revieled it to be eyeballs and half constructed faces. "JUST WHAT THE HEK IS GOING ON" I thought to myself as I killed the deformed grineer a second time. I stood slowly and cautiosly looked at the biomass on the floor as it leaked black blood on the foor.

I abandon steath and sprint my way through the now grotesque organic areas of the ship  with many halls just a writhing tunnles of biomass. I try to stay calm, my brothers and sisters say I rely to much on emotion and that I am too chaotic. Master it is just a part of my element. "You can not control electricity only flow with it." were his words. That is what I cling to as it seems the passages are getting narrower but it the lack of more of those things that frighten me more.

Just as these thoughts flow through my mind my worst fear comes to pass as I enter a large room teeming with the disfigured Grineer. At the center, a machine smoking covered in the biomass creating the worst stench of burning rotten flesh. Yet it was still working pumping out more disfigured clones that i had seen earlery at a rapid pace. As I quickly scan the room I realize "that cant be all of them" I turn to leave, to get help. Even though a single tenno is a match for a hundred there had to be thousands here. I turn to find I am surrounded on all sides.

I am not Excalibur I can not slash dash my way out of this. I am not Rhino I can not take the punishment and bash my way out. I am not Saryn, Loki or Ash I can not steath my way out. I am not Frost I can not freeze them all and shater them. I am a small spark. I am alone. Go away freaks back off. Go away! go away goaway goawaygoawaygoaway "GO AWAY" I scream at the top of my lungs overloaded with pure fear and emotion as pure crakeling elctricity flows through every part of my body and engulfs the a large radius of the room. The machine behind me recieves the overload and I can feel its massive energy and take it into me empowering my already deadly outburst causing it to engulf half of the ship.

"How did the mission go Volt?" asks Excalibur The others intently watching me waiting to hear the story of the warframe that isn't any of them. The neglected one the forgoten one.  The emotional one. The one that doesn't play by there rules or copy thier styles of fighting. The one and only Volt. I look around and chuckle and finaly answer after a minute of tense silence " OH that mission? Yeah, it was easy nothing really to talk about.". The others sigh "you really had me thinkin somthin happend there for a minute Volt" Rhino says as he pounds my back with his heavy hands "Come on guys you know nothing exciting ever happens to me." I reply Thus the night continues on leaving me to listen to the others amazing stories of battle taking pride in the stories only I and the Lotus know.

===========

I created this story out of outrage and sadness. Everyday I play with other I see so many other warfarmes besides Volt (which I play). Also the other day I read a thread of favorite warframes to use it was very popular but noone mentioned Volt as thier favorite. Finally I have not seen any fanfiction on Volt in a while so I decided at that moment to make a story on the fly just to get it out there that Volt still does exist and kicks butt in his own unique way. I created this story in a about one hour out of pure imagination and wanting to see it done for the sake of my frame and my pride. So if you find any typos or lore breaking shizz I do apoligize. Thank you for your time and may the forum be with you.

Sincerey,

PureBeurre

P.s. If I use the word pure alot that is because it is kind of in the name.

Edited by PureBeurre

Yeah I was in a creative flurry when writing this and was less concerned about getting this spell checkinated, punctuated, and  ummm educated(?) (with discriptive language) and more concerned the inspiration would be gone before I finished it. So I just got it out as fast as I could.