Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Morthos, The Scarecrow

Emberlynx

TL;DR

Morthos is a damage/support frame based around the idea of crows.

1: damage in a small cone in front of Morthos

2: lasting fear aura

3: send crows to attack an area

4: auto-melee and fear anyone nearby

Physical Description and Images

Note: I'm not much of an artist, so if anyone feels like drawing concept art for Morthos, I would be happy to add it to this post. Until then I'm just using random semi-accurate internet pictures.

Morthos has a relatively plain torso and lower body (think more like Excalibur than say Nekros or Saryn). He can be recognized by the talons on his hands and feet; or more obviously, by his helmet, which features rugged scar-like incisions where the face would be (though not necessarily in the shape of a face), and a wide-brimmed, pointed, "straw" hat (not actually straw obviously, it would be the same material as the rest of him).

zPUaf3z.jpg

ss8wx5l.jpg

Alt helmet 1: Morthos trades his hat for a tightly-fitting hood and covers his "face" with a plague doctor-esque mask.

JmAp9TV.jpg

Stats

I'll be honest, I need help here. I'm a casual; I don't pay enough attention to stats to know what would be good for a damage/support role. If anyone wants to offer suggestions, that would be great.

Polarities: EoS6V6A.png and 5dOuPTE.png

Aura Polarity: EoS6V6A.png

Abilities

Ability 1 (25 energy): Talon Rake

Morthos summons a set of ethereal talons to deal 50/70/90/110% melee weapon damage and briefly stun all targets in a small cone in front of him.

Ability 2 (50 energy): Run And Hide

Morthos surrounds himself in a haze of energy for 5/10/15/20 seconds. Any enemy who comes within 1/3/5/7 meters of Morthos during this time will either run away in panic or be paralyzed with fear for 3/5/7/10 seconds.

Ability 3 (75 energy): Peck Out Their Eyes

Morthos summons a flock of 6/9/12/15 ethereal crows to attack a target and all nearby enemies, distracting them and each dealing 100/125/150/175 slash damage over 5/7/10/15 seconds.

Augment: Flock Syngergy

Morthos can cast Peck Out Their Eyes on an ally, giving all his/her attacks a chance to proc fear. The fear effect lasts 3/5/7/10 seconds; the ability effect lasts 10/20/30/40 seconds.

Ability 4 (25 energy, toggleable): Engulfed In Feathers

Morthos engulfs himself in a swirling flock of ethereal crows which automatically attack any enemies within 3/4/5/6 meters, dealing 75/100/125/150% melee damage with a chance to proc fear upon hit.

Augment: Armored Talons

Morthos takes 10/25/33/50% less damage while Engulfed In Feathers is active.

Alternate Ideas

Ability 2 (50 energy): Dance With Crows

Morthos transforms into a flock of crows, teleporting him 5/8/11/15 meters in the direction he is looking (including up). Morthos is immune to damage for the brief period he is in flight.

Ability 3(?) (75 energy): Dreadful Visage

Morthos creates four stationary copies of himself 5/12/20/30 meters away in each direction, facing inwards. All enemies inside the radius are feared and run towards the center of the circle. Fear last until effect ends; effect lasts 10/15/20/25 seconds.

Augment: Nightmare Totems

The copies face outwards instead and fear any enemy who enters the radius.

Ability 4 Augment: Reaping Talons

Each enemy killed by Engulfed In Feathers has a 25/50/75/100% chance to drop 1/1/2/3 health orbs.

Ability 4 Augment: Vengeful Feathers

Damage of Engulfed In Feathers is increased by 1/2/3/4% for every 200/150/100/50 points of damage Morthos receives. Damage counter resets when the ability ends.

Ability 1 Augment: Nowhere To Hide

Nearby allies also have Run And Hide cast on them, with a 25/50/75/100% chance to proc effect.

Alternate Names

Morthor

Corvus curse you archwing

Let me know if you think of a better one and I'll add it here!

Misc.

Morthos is derived from morthor, Old English for murder.

Go easy on me, this is my first upload. Do let me know though if anything is to over/underpowered or should be changed.

Changelog

3/13/15 - Vanilla

• Original post

3/13/15 - 1.1

Thanks to MrPigman for the suggestions

• Swapped Talon Rake and Run and Hide
  • Added slight stun to Talon Rake
  • Peck Out Their Eyes: increased number of crows and added AOE effect
  • Replaced the obsolete Seeking Flock augment with Flock Synergy
  • Reworked the aesthetics of Engulfed In Feathers
  • Added name for Engulfed In Feathers
  • Added fear proc to Engulfed In Feathers
  • Added Vengeful Feathers augment
  • Slightly increased general augment detail
  • Added Dreadful Visage alternate ability and augment
  • Added Changelog
Edited by Emberlynx

hmm i like this! i feel it needs a little changing here and there such as some of his skills seems a little out of place.

Talon rake sounds more like it should be the 1, it sounds like it needs to be spammed the most out of all the skills. also it should stagger.

peck out there eyes i feel like needs a little more aoe. maybe instead of single target it's just a flock of crows that swarm and area and do as said.

the 4 does not seem fitting for the warframe and seems kind of underwhelming. why not have ethereal crows begin swirling around morthos dealing damage and fearing.

however i also have an alternate ability for consideration;

Dreadful Visage: Morthos creates several clone totems of himself that will spawn in a circle at the edge of a radius that will scare all enemies within it towards the center and cause them to cower in fear in one small compact area. maybe some additional effects too.