Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Performance Bugs After The Latest Updates.

Vicious_Raptor

I read in the patch notes that there were "tweaks" for people using AMD drivers and AMD systems in general.
I never really had any issue before, everything was running at stable 60fps, with almost everything maxed out, but turns out the latest updates changed that.

Since U16 was released I experienced some random crashes, likely due to bugs (the Ruk/Vor one for example) but every major update brings them, so I wasn't worried. Beside that, though, I've had random 2-3 seconds freezing both in Liset/menus and in game, but again I didn't pay much attention to it.

What happened just now, however, cannot pass by unnoticed. I was in the middle of a survival mission when the game started lagging a lot, both audio&visually, and playing became unbearable and I was forced to extract. The lag went on while on Liset, and when I went to check my process list with the task manager, I saw Evolution Engine eating 99% of CPU usage.

I'd like to point this out, might as well be just an occasional/personal thing but it never happened before the latest patches, so it might be linked to those AMD changes..

Before you ask, my system has mid-high specs, and it's kept cool and clean, no overheating symptoms whatsoever. I'm hoping DE notices this, especially if I was not the only one encountering it, and I'm counting on investigations on this by the dedicated staff afterwards.

Thanks for reading, please leave a comment if you have the same issues.

My system's specs:

CPU: AMD FX-6300
RAM: 8GB 1333MHz
GPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 280 Dual X
Third Party CPU cooler and gaming case, no need to advertise them, but trust me, they're good.

Same issue here but it gets dramatically noticeable when I start the game up ( AKA right after the login screen).
Upon further checking all the cores of the CPU get maxed the hell out ( they just go straight to 100% and stay there) which of course is going along with the absurdly crappy framerate and so forth.

On my end these are my PC specs:

CPU: Intel i7 860
RAM: 16 GB DDR3 1333 Mhz
GPU: HD 6970 2 GB Battlefield Vietnam Edition
CPU COOLER: Zalmann CNPS10X