Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Toggle Option And The Secondary Fire Keybind

Raidrak

I often play warframe with these options turned on:

Toggle Sprint
Toggle Aim Weapon
Toggle Melee Block
Toggle Melee Channel

So during my gaming session I found some odd behaviors with some of those option:

Sprint: After shooting either primary or secondary my warframe goes back to normal walk, I would like to go back to sprint after stop shooting, but I'm fine with the way it work since I think it was intended this way.

Melee Block: This one is a pain sometimes, always after my stamina runs out I found my warframe without the block, but still the blocking is toggled (my block stance combos keep going on), but in this way my warframe don't block anything and I'm forced to press the blocking key two times to put back the block. I got used to this, but I think this could be a bug, the toggle block should interact with stamina similar to the way the sprint works with primary and secondary.

Aim Weapon: I like the Penta, but every time I take it to a run I need to go to menu and change the toggle Aim to make it playable, some weapon don't even have the option to Aim (Quanta family), this take us to my second point in this thread: Secondary Fire.

The Secondary Fire in the keybinds seems to me as a alternative fire option for weapons (I'm not sure about it), but after some small tests It seems this key don't do anything (if someone knows where this is actually used I will be pleased for the info), I played some shooter before who used a primary and secondary keys to do multiple actions allied with the Iron-sight/Aim-zoom, if this key really is an alt fire key it should being used as this instead of the actual model where the aim is the alt (this is a little dumb to be honest). This could let the Penta and Quanta family able to aim properly and aim at all respectivelly, also allowing for new weapons with alternative mechanics able to do such without the need to hinder its aim capability and utmost making the tigris into a real hunting shotgun (one of my favorite shotgun designs) allowing it to shoot one shell with the Fire Weapon key and both shells with the Secondary Fire key (the actual trigger mechanic is at least odd, to not say it's plain stupid).

About the channel, the mechanic is a simple toggle without any odd feature, thus I don't have anything against it.

I don't know if those situations happens only to me (since I don't know anyone who also prefer to use those toggle options) or if the mechanics where intended this way. I had played for a long time in this fashion and get used to those minor things I need to do like change the toggle aim option when I use the Penta, but after thinking about it I found the need to report it in the forum, as some of those could work in a better way and make the gaming experience of players like me less stressful sometimes.