Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dojo Solution For Small Clans

PapaKicks

How does this benefit smaller clans?

Let's say the daily limit is 10,000 resources.

The large clan can fill the daily limit in 10 minutes.

The small clan can fill the daily limit in a few hours.

But both clans progress the same amount in 24 hours.

Compared to now where the large clan can finish their dojo, while the small clan can finish a single room in 24 hours.

I can't agree to this myself, mostly on the fact that it would take a ridiculous amount of time for just the 4-person clan I'm in (close friends mind you). We have nowhere near enough resources pooled together to create a simple hallway. Plus, we also don't have the money to drop on Forma, and being as rare as they are, we would not be able to build it until weeks later when we finally *GET* forma to build the damn thing.

This whole Dojo thing is a mess, especially to those who don't have money to spend all the time. Some of us live paycheck-to-paycheck like myself.

So, taking that into consideration.. If this so-called "cap" is 10k resources, when one of the resources on some is 120k Nano Spores... You realize how long that will take to pool, correct? 12 days. 12 freaking days. Its bad enough to wait for keys to drop normally or as a reward. Then you got the RNG on top of that for Void missions rewarding Forma. There is no way people are going to want that.

So, taking that into consideration.. If this so-called "cap" is 10k resources, when one of the resources on some is 120k Nano Spores... You realize how long that will take to pool, correct? 12 days. 12 freaking days. Its bad enough to wait for keys to drop normally or as a reward. Then you got the RNG on top of that for Void missions rewarding Forma. There is no way people are going to want that.

The whole point is it would allow small clans to compete with large ones in completion time.

10k resources is a made up number - let's pretend it's 1/4th of the total number of resources to complete the room. So the room would require 40k not 120k.

THESE NUMBERS ARE MADE UP, THINK PERCENTAGES OF TIME - NOT PERCENTAGES OF CURRENT REQUIREMENTS

That still doesn't solve a thing. With the bigger clans finishing the pool in a mere minutes, what else are they to do for the next 23 and a half hours? Nothing? Sure, they could do other things, but the bigger clans should be able to get their rooms faster if they can pool them that quickly. I have no issues with that. The problem is not competing with the larger clans, a lot of us just enjoy the game for what it is and we can make do. However, the problem lies in the prices themselves, and the extreme rarity Forma is. A 2-5 person clan is not going to finish anything in a timely manner that can't spend money on this game very often.

I want to support the game, and I have. But the forma costs in the dojo is ridiculous and is not feasible in a timely manner. If I have to wait a couple weeks for having a decent Dojo, then I'm fine with that. I want some sense of accomplishment. Though I don't want to have to wait a month or more just to finish one room.

Clan Size = Clans highest EVER number of Members   
   IE if 60 players have been in the clan, then the clan size can NOT GO LOWER than 60

Dojo cost (CREDITS and RESOURCES) = Clan Size X EXTRA COSTS

Just a example.... Change these figueres to suit.
SIZE             EXTRA COST
Micro      <25      100%
Small        50      110%    
Med       250+     125%
Large   1000+     150%
Huge    2500+     175%
GIANT  5000+     200%

When a New Member joins Clan
    CLAN Size = Clan Size + 1

THEREFORE this number would NEVER decrease. Please note however that this could be exploited to PUNISH a clan, if players joined and left, as the Clan size would be +1, but their would be no one to contribute this extra costs.

#A display on the Contacts / Chat system to show current clan size would also help players.

Let's say the daily limit is 10,000 resources.

The large clan can fill the daily limit in 10 minutes.

The small clan can fill the daily limit in a few hours.

But both clans progress the same amount in 24 hours.

Compared to now where the large clan can finish their dojo, while the small clan can finish a single room in 24 hours.

I do like AkiVoodoo's  Idea here, maybe implement his system AND the one I just mentioned???

Please Note that this CLAN Size should also be RELATED to the TRADE PRICE of resources perhaps
    Resource Trade Price = Resource Trade Price x Extra COSTS (From Table above)

As this would stop large clans with near unlimited credits simply trading for their resources, considering the credit to resource drop rate.

Assuming that resource trading is still going to be implemented

I kept hearing about a system which dojo rooms have a flat, cheaper cost, but you could dump additional resources into the room to have it built and ready faster. That way, it isn't a resource gouge to get a room together, and gives an option to wait out a longer timer, instead of joining a larger clan or getting into some hardcore farming. It also avoids the pains of members of larger clans being unable to contribute anything to the building process, or the problems involved with clan-size based systems.

how about just offer smaller clans a discount 50 members and under get 10% of the cost of everything, larger clans of 200+ members pay full price and you just gradually step up the cost until the 200 member mark?

Great ideas in here. Good Job guys.

Another spin on it could be...

- Warlord picks a member cap limit... i.e. 1-50, 50-100, 100-150, 150-200, 200+.

- Each cap limit below 200 has a set reduction in resource requirements.

- Once the cap is set you can have no more than that number of players under your roof.

- BUT if you max out the cap, and want more, the clan collectively has to "build" the next cap level via Forma, Resources/Credits, or straight Plat.

- Once the next cap level is build, from then on, resource requirements are raised, even if the clan drops back below the original cap.

Great ideas in here. Good Job guys.

Another spin on it could be...

- Warlord picks a member cap limit... i.e. 1-50, 50-100, 100-150, 150-200, 200+.

- Each cap limit below 200 has a set reduction in resource requirements.

- Once the cap is set you can have no more than that number of players under your roof.

- BUT if you max out the cap, and want more, the clan collectively has to "build" the next cap level via Forma, Resources/Credits, or straight Plat.

- Once the next cap level is build, from then on, resource requirements are raised, even if the clan drops back below the original cap.

Probably the best solution and the most practical one. Not saying others are not, but this seems to be fitting the game more with less punishment and less exploitability.

Clan Size = Clans highest EVER number of Members   

IE if 60 players have been in the clan, then the clan size can NOT GO LOWER than 60

Dojo cost (CREDITS and RESOURCES) = Clan Size X EXTRA COSTS

Just a example.... Change these figueres to suit.

SIZE             EXTRA COST

Micro      <25      100%

Small        50      110%    

Med       250+     125%

Large   1000+     150%

Huge    2500+     175%

GIANT  5000+     200%

When a New Member joins Clan

CLAN Size = Clan Size + 1

THEREFORE this number would NEVER decrease. Please note however that this could be exploited to PUNISH a clan, if players joined and left, as the Clan size would be +1, but their would be no one to contribute this extra costs.

#A display on the Contacts / Chat system to show current clan size would also help players.

i like this idea for preventing abuse/exploints by clanswitching or leaving then joining again en mass to build at a lower resource cost-, but long-running clans would be punished severely. perhaps a monthly reassessment of this number of people in a clan to 'reset' this counter to the actual number of people in the clan. This would allow for proper cost-scaling as well mitigate the potential for abuse without being too severe in to those attempting to exploit it in the long run. You've got my +1 sir, nice thinking. =)