Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are Ancients To Be Fixed?

The531st

Those new ancients have ugly hitboxes. Most of their unarmored parts have textures but no hitboxes.

1e26b40c3e58.jpg

Bullets just go through highlighted areas without doing any damage. Makes hard to shoot the unarmored parts. Especially when they make their bugged panic rolling animation with their knees waving around while ancient himself rolling on insane speed.
It havent been fixed for quite a while so maybe its a feature? Invisible limbs?

They still roll on insane speeds while making flame panic animation. And they are still completely immune to stagger/stun that way. (Cant make a screenshot of them rolling cuz it just will be a screenshot of a paniced ancient :/ ) They are vulnerable to flame damage but they become so buffed by it. Especially the toxic ones though they can be dodged

And they still stand tall after death making cover for everything that comes behind them. Can be seen at 1st screenshot

Tentacles double the damge but do have armor. Lower limbs have standart damge but no armor. Ancients have tremendous amounts of armor. So on medium/high levels the only things to shoot are lower limbs 

Ah I haven't noticed that. I really only been using my Snipetron Vandal which apparently has AI and AP. So that's probably why I haven't noticed it ^^

But yes, I do agree they need to fix those hit boxes :o 

The old ancient were less buggy. They've fixes some but still tons of things that make it harder. I hate games that are being known as hard and "challenging" just because they are so horribly bugged. And for now those bugs are the most annoying thing that make it impossible to play vs high lvl infested :/

Definitely agree. Their new wavy arm (lol) is supposed to be one of their weakpoints with no armor, but whenever I shoot it the bullets go right through without the ancients taking any damage at all. I have resorted to trying to headshot them with the infamously inaccurate Boltor. 

I play a looooot of xini. The only reliable way to kill ancients is to shoot their squidmouths. It's even a slightly different color, so you can see where on the head they're no longer taking extra damage.  I was completely unaware that their gigantic arm was a weak spot. Doesn't make sense, considering they knock me on my &#! with that thing. Regardless, their leg hitboxes are awful, and sometimes banshee will highlight a chunk of limb BELOW their leg, that you can only see when they are walking and raise their feet.

Ancient Banana Monsters can get their face tentacles and their banana peel feet highlighted with Sonar. Its liek "you has to use vortex and bang them with an ogris y u use a different weapon/frame lelelel" design.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

still the case. and it's not just their hitbox in bastille. wasn't sure at first when i again started to pay attention/test a bit but you can hit them while running because their knees get so low that you hit these instead of the feet/lower legs.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/122489-using-dread-where-to-shoot-ancients/

Edited by SlyBoots

I think it only adds to the fun when they start to slide partially into the floor. While we're at it, can we get a fix for Toxic Ancients being randomly immune to ragdoll from weapons like the Kestrel? It works perfectly fine on Disruptors and Healers, but it doesn't work on the one type you REALLY want to keep away from you.