Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Honest Feedback On Jordas & Glast Gambit

Tillburg

Hello DE,

I took my major break from Warframe after the base Hydroid was first introduced. Recently I came back thanks to the Twitch promotions around the last Tennocon. I found there were some fun quests and areas to be had. Unfortunately the last two quests I've been doing have drained any enthusiasm I have right out the window.

Let's talk about the Jordas Precept. Killing juggernauts? Kinda neat and teaches you about popping a new, tough enemy. The actual boss fight? Oh god. Archwing missions are so smattered that you're never really required to keep up with them equipment wise. Mine was so low I had to start reading farm spots for it for exp and items just to do this one crazily healthed boss. Flash forward to all those farms and me killing the boss 7 or 8 times for the Atlas parts... guys why is this boss so incredibly annoying to kill? So much health and armor it's just a gigantic slog. There's no proper ramp-up for Archwing experience and equipment to warrant where this quest lands.

That was bad, but once I got to the point I'm at I started taking it down in 13~ minutes each time which is fine considering this is my grindy game. But this... Glast Gambit... let's talk about it. For the 18-22 mission, this is the first mission where you can be inexplicably killed by player ??? for all of your health. Unfortunately the player is never tipped off that this is going to be happening, which makes sense story wise, but the first two missions involving Glast Gambit essentially teach the player to hoard all indices for like a minute so you can get those bonus points. You know where this is going. I hoarded indices for a minute, holding like 19 total points or something, then as I'm standing over my base about to head out to drop those off: insta-killed by ???. Considering I was at my hub and, let's face it, my AI teammates were never going to grab my dropped points... the enemy banked them almost instantly. Then as soon as I get my sense back after I grab my jaw off the floor: insta-killed a second time by ???. Yes the story states he's cheating but, with no knowledge of this tactic combined with how the missions pruned the player to hoard indices: there's an enormous chance the player will lose round 1. If you haven't done this storyline in awhile, I'll remind you that this is the one that you aren't required to fail. That's the next one. So there I was staring at another 140k required deposit to attempt this malarkey again. Sure I'll try it again! Oh... I have 39 credits left. 

Guys I can't do this. Quests with bosses that are basically floating tanks and others with mechanics that blindside you and take all your money... I can't believe what I'm looking at. I wanted to be honest with you with this feedback because this is probably the start of another long break for me from this game, and it's entirely because of these two quests. I hope to return when Fortuna or something drops... I hope.

Dont wanna make shameful cross promotion, but I did a post on the current quests and a some guys and me shared some insights on Glast gambit. Mostly lore based, but I though you might wanna look.

As for what you say, yeah these quests have problems. I never did that hoarding strategy you speak of because while it gets you more points, its supposed to be balanced by making you a priority target. The cheat kills I believe work as "route changer", as in: If you go this way, you´ll get killed. Go a different path. 

Its dumb still, and poorly communicated as you say, but thats how I saw it. My main gripe is that it isnt a best of 3 but a perfect run which feels horribly unfair.

Jordas I just hated it all way through. Juggers are boring to fight and buggy as hell, they get caught in the geometry all the time which is hilarious since Infested tilesets have all kinds of wacky geometry. Not only that but his drops are for nothing, there is no point in farming juggers. And yeah, #*!% the boss.