Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fishing Room

K1ngR1chard

With fishing already in the game I personally feel there needs to be a interactable aquarium room in the dojo. Not only would this benefit clans, but also potentially add a new competition for bragging rights.

1. How the room would be laid out

a) If it was very deep water we would need our archwing or a new warframe swimming system. To prevent this hassle the water level should go up just below the neck. 

b) The room would be the size of the duel room.

c) Since a room door would need to be level with the floor and not be elevated, inside the room there would be stairs in front of the door which leads up above the waterline.

d) Since the water is fairly shallow enough, the clan has the option to place decorations into the water so they can walk on them, or leave it plain open water. (As we know Fish in general go under the terrain sometimes, so no one would expect them not to here.)

e) The walls containing the water enclosing the stairs would be glass. Maybe with an option of shutters to open/close on demand.

f) There is a little overhang at the end of the stairs for Tenno to stand.

To paint a quick picture of what I am talking about. What better than a picture to look at. (Pardon my quick drawing)

rjVBH12.png

2. In general how room would work

a) Clan officials can determine if they want their members to pay to access the room and how much. Also if certain ranks are allowed in. (Even more so, if its a 1 time entrance fee or forever). If none of that is good enough, the room could be completely accessible.

b)  Upon getting access to the room, the player has a choice:

i) Swim with the fish. (You would see the fish and they would move away from you should you get too close.)

ii) Watch the fish and use it as a social hangout.

iii) Catch fish.

c) The colours of the room can be changed. Though the water colour also.

d) The lights in the room can be either on to represent daylight or off to represent night and the appropriate fish would spawn.

3. How the fishing would work

There is already a fish system in the game, so why not make use of it. 

a) There can only be a few fish at a time in the room

b) You can see the fish as if there is dye in the water without having to use dye.

c) The fish swim away if you are near them

d) If you catch a fish you pay for it using credits. (I thought about a release system but a spear being thrusted through a fish would very soon kill it.) The price would be expensive. This would prevent people from fishing in a dojo and not in the Plains of Edilon. It also makes it so the clan can automatically get new fish. This was for if a fish was small. If the fish is medium it costs even more, and if its a large, its super expensive.

4. Competition

The duel room is competitive. Having said that, this room should also have an option to see who catches the most fish.

a) The players (up to 4) load in to the room, the same way as the dueling room handles it. 

b) The fish would swim 5x faster than the base moving speed. If a fish goes into panic mode it goes stays at the 5x speed but does it's evasive maneuvers.

c) The animation of showing the fish in the player's hands is no longer present in the competition.

d) Who ever gets to 50 fish first wins bragging rights.

e) There is no credit cost to doing the competition as all fish caught are not kept. 

d) To make it more realistic, the fish would be digital holograms (thus explaining their speed).

f) The time mode in the room is voted on by the competitors at the start of the match.

g) Each player gets the same default throwing spear.

I hope something like this gets implemented. It would be a fantastic social space, and activity for dojos. Since most dojos are usually dust collectors. Or the members don't want to duel. We have a fish system, why not put it to use to it's 'Digital Extremes'. (Pun intended.)

I'd like to hear your feedback, my idea is not perfect.