Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hydron, Helene (And others) tileset rework.

WinstonPlaneGuy

Hello everyone,

Today I want to talk about the best EXP levels in the game and their tileset you all know. The Grineer Gallion tileset with the elevator in the middle.

I want to talk about how useless this tileset is lore/logic wise and how this space can be utilized better.

Here are pictures of the surrounding tileset with back reffering to closest to the starting door, and front reffering to most far away from the door. (Left and right are left and right of that door when you walk through it to get to the defense point.) https://imgur.com/a/o461HRa

*Okay let's start with the first point I want to state: The elevator is useless. If this elevator was meant to be a cargo lift, it would be even more worrying. After moving up you just get stairs! If you'd really want to make this usefull remove the stairs to the most right (Door orientation) section and make the right section higher, but I don't think that will fix the problems I have with it but it will 100% be the easiest solution to the elevator problem that I have.

*What I think should happen is we remove that is this block of the elevator+frame and make it level to where the door's floor starts. We make a ramp to the upper right section (Door orientation). The ramp should be something like the Earth spy mission with the ramp going down to the spy vault (https://imgur.com/a/SGcJV6m) but of course without the water, so we still keep that 'moving payload' kind of feel. The ramp should be steap, not to steap that you'd fall off but steap enough that a normal human being would think: "Yeah I can climb that- but I'd rather take the stairs"  And of course we just removed the frame of that elevator you can of course add some small cover walls, but at the moment it feels kind of full/crowded.

If we're going with this idea we still need stairs to let the Grineer enemies be able to walk up, let the stairs on the right (Door orientation) stay.

Why do you think this tileset will work better? I hear you ask, great question. At the moment I have trouble navigating the map because it's like I said, very crowded, you need to go through tiny spaces in order to get to the payload, kill that last enemy glitched into a ceiling or wall, pick up resources.

So in theory if I have a clear vision of this map in mind, we have space to bullet jump, run here and there, we have cover while not making us feel in a cage.

We'd always have a clear view on the objective and enemies around it without relying on the health and shields bar under the minimap.

Enemies around objective are easily shootable if needed but also not due to the cover walls around the place which makes it a challenge to either hit enemies or hit a cover wall, which ingages learning of the tileset.

Here is a highly detailed picture of what I'd have in mind: https://imgur.com/a/SuDODwh

Okay- thanks for listening to my ideas about this tileset, uhh enjoy I guess? xD

I am here to spread positivity and not hate but I do accept critisism so please no insults or any hateful things in your feedback, thanks! 😄

Dragon, out

Edited by DragonDude3010
#*!%ing spelling mistake