The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Opinions About These Two

fiki574

Question

Hi.

So, I recently crafted Dera, and I can tell you it's piece of... bullcrap. Seriously, the weakest damn rifle in the game imo. Can someone please tell me that I'm wrong and show/tell me how to properly build it to at least be something worth using? With that said, I am also interested in snipers, but as I'm only MR4, I can't buy Lanka. I was thinking about crafting Vulkar, so I would like to hear opinions about it too.

Thanks in advance. :)

8 answers to this question

Hi.

So, I recently crafted Dera, and I can tell you it's piece of... bullcrap. Seriously, the weakest damn rifle in the game imo. Can someone please tell me that I'm wrong and show/tell me how to properly build it to at least be something worth using? With that said, I am also interested in snipers, but as I'm only MR4, I can't buy Lanka. I was thinking about crafting Vulkar, so I would like to hear opinions about it too.

Dera's an excellent all-rounder rifle...if the Flux Rifle and the Braton Prime didn't exist. Just stack the usual damage mods on it for maximum effectiveness.

As for the Vulkar, get it for Mastery. Even then, don't bother using it. 4 second reload combined with a 4 shot clip and bullet type damage means it's neither good or fun to use.

Dera's an excellent all-rounder rifle...if the Flux Rifle and the Braton Prime didn't exist. Just stack the usual damage mods on it for maximum effectiveness.

As for the Vulkar, get it for Mastery. Even then, don't bother using it. 4 second reload combined with a 4 shot clip and bullet type damage means it's neither good or fun to use.

But at least the Vulkar looks awesome. Thats really the only thing it has going for it.....Just wanted to point out the fact that its not 100% Bad :)

Dera has 2 disadvantages

1: it chews through ammo pretty quickly

2: projectile speed is pretty low

Advantages: 

Buttload of damage, scales with mods pretty well, i used it on higher defense missions and wasn't disapointed.

The projectiles seem to ignore armor.

Piercing mods seem to work now with it.

As for vulkar, reload mod is a must but even then it's too slow, i regret crafting it.

Stick with the Dera, I thought the same at first but it grows on you !

Vulkar looks like a turn-of-the-century musket and is every bit as useless. It's just mastery fodder

If you missed the chance for a Vandaltron, then your only real chance for a good sniper is waiting for a Lanka

Edited by Santaphrax

Hi.

Dera = Laser damage. 22 damage @11+ fire rate. Use for killing CORPUS. Up close it works just like an SMG with very high accuracy and excellent damage. At longer ranges the delay becomes annoying vs infested and some Grineer but with CORPUS it won't matter, just shoot at an enemy that has stopped moving. Moas and crewmen like to make themselves into nice static targets and drones move predictably.

Vulkar = Crap. It sounds really good, but this just isn't the right game for using a small magazine on a slow reload. Regardless of what performance you get out of it, you will throw it away after it hits 30 because you'll be tired of spending the whole game reloading.

Flux Rifle = Serrated blade on a continuous stream of damage. Can be seen as 'superior' to the Dera if you don't mind the loss of range, but nothing says you can't put penetration mods on the Dera and having Forma'd both multiple times I don't think the difference in damage is a big enough deal to use one over the other rather than using the one you like the operation of. If you were just there for stats you'd just be using the Acrid with ammo conversion so as not to waste rifle ammo pickups on your rifle.

Braton Prime = Hitscan Bullet damage. 25 damage @ 10 fire rate. It's just a big pretty thing for low skill players to make killing easy enemies look real good. 

Edited by VKhaun