Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Change To The Mastery System

Please keep an open mind about my "suggestion."  I've put in about 200 hours in the game so far and enjoyed most of it.  There are some dull moments, but the game overall is great.  Lately I've been catching up on some forum threads and there does seem to be a very polar view with regards to the mastery system.  First, I enjoy these tests.  I think playing an unknown map with the added pressure of a time limit is great.  Frankly I rather DE make game modes out of them instead of using it for gaining mastery rank.  Now I do think having to wait 24 hours seems unnecessary and somewhat arbitrary.  Again, a divided opinion in the community.

The changes to the mastery system that I would like to see are as follows:

1. Remove the frame\weapon cap.  Instead adjust the cost and mats needed to build weapons at varying levels.  There are now, but maybe more so so that you feel like the progress you're making by grinding is going towards something you want and not forced to get for the sake of ranking up.  This will appeal to those who only want to use certain frames and weapons only as well as those who want to get every frame and weapon.

2. Remove the mastery test.  Instead, make the mastery tests special game modes with a change to gain rare mods or blueprints.  This system rewards highly skilled players willing to take a difficult challenge whilst casual players do not have to fear doing these.

3. Keep the idea of the mastery system, but tie to actual accomplishments rather than being able to pass a test.  So for example, you get a warframe to level 30, that's 10 points.  You polarize and rank it up to 30 again, that's 5 points.  You get a new weapon to 30 that's 5 points, you do 100 kills with said weapon, that's 2 points, etc.  This rewards and reflects those who truly master a wide variety of weapons and frames and goes beyond just ranking to level 30, but also takes into consideration usage of said weapon, even the "crappy" ones.  At the same time, it let's those players who may only use a limited frames and weapons, but polarizes them multiple times be rewarded, but not feel forced to rank up every weapon and frame.

4. Tie in some nice rewards for reaching certain mastery rank levels.  Reach mastery rank 500, get a Forma blueprint, etc.  This entices players as well as reward the players for their time spent towards mastery rank.

As a beta tester and a person who bought a founders pack, I really want this game to be successful.  I think this change in mastery system would a good fit to both camps of this issue and something I personally would like to see.

There are now, but maybe more so so that you feel like the progress you're making by grinding is going towards something you want and not forced to get for the sake of ranking up.  This will appeal to those who only want to use certain frames and weapons only as well as those who want to get every frame and weapon.

What's the point of having the abundant choice if you just want The Best? Mastery system aims to have players master all weapons. Without it it'll just be "grind to The Best Loadout and stop". And to what end, even? It's not like we need power to 'Win' anything, it's a PvE game. The only goal is to better your own skills, not to get the best K/D in a match and triumph over other players.

-cut-

i think it will be better if mastery increase frame' overall HP/Shield/energy.

example: (base+% from redirection) + bonus from mastery, let it be little as possible but make it visible between a lv 0 mastery exab and lv10 mastery exab (both un-equipped, for example)

currently there's no differences, if DE wornt put mastery level to use, please remove the mastery level seen on "Z" player's icon in a game session.

Edited by KaoKill123

What's the point of having the abundant choice if you just want The Best? Mastery system aims to have players master all weapons. Without it it'll just be "grind to The Best Loadout and stop". And to what end, even? It's not like we need power to 'Win' anything, it's a PvE game. The only goal is to better your own skills, not to get the best K/D in a match and triumph over other players.

Nope, the Mastery system is a grind to The Best Loadout and stop. DE said on the last livestream that weapons are in tiers, and later weapons are better. Easy to obtain weapons are just there to get Mastery for later weapons.

OT: Your proposal is better than the current one. They would have to change weapons around so crafting isn't such a waste of time, or just make them worth a lot more Mastery points than using the same weapons.

Edited by BadAimbot