The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Is Weapon Xp Calculated?

Quante

Question

I really can't seem to find any topics on this, maybe i'm just bad at forum digging.

But here i go anyways, what factors determine the ammount of xp you get for your weapon?

For example infested missions seem to in general gain a lot less xp than, take, grineer ones.

What do mission difficulty level have to do with anything and in what way?

Hope this thread helps clarify xp gain a bit

Thanks

3 answers to this question

This might take sometime to explain, to myself more than to you. Okay to start of do you remember that every time you kill an enemy there's word that appears. Those are the amount of exp you get from killing the enemy. As of one of the updates exp now is spread to all equipment. At the end of the mision you get bonus exp, I don't know how that works, that combines with the exp of the mision. As for enemy type, the stronger the enemy the more exp you get. An example is that killing a heavy grineer could give you several times the amount of exp given by regular enemies. Mision difficulty just depicts how hard the mision is. With Level 1 being very easy, Level 2 being your average challeng and Level 3 being harder than level 2( the highest difficulty level I've reach is Level 3. That's all for now.

So far my clan has figured an interesting thing about leveling up your weapons.

You gain experience based on the type of weapon that dealt the killing blow.

You gain experience for the same type of weapon that your teammate used to kill.

Therefore if your whole "cell" of Tenno went through a mission using guns to weaken and melee to kill your enemies, you would gain Warframe and Melee experience.