Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Mirage Prime Hall of Mirrors Plains/Zaw bug

GnarrkTheHunter

So I've been leveling my Mirage Prime on the Plains of Eidolon through the Plague Star event, and I've been getting some bugs. After about rank 2 (or whatever rank you get your third doppelganger at), when casting Hall of Mirrors I will lose the use of my abilities and be unable to use my melee. Switching weapons and firing guns still works, it's my abilities and any sort of melee attacks that are disabled. This issue goes away after jumping into the water and re-spawning, as well as it resolving on it's own occasionally which will give an inaccurate countdown timer for the duration of the ability. While in some cases when i use the ability all it does is play the animation and lock me out, sometimes while locked out there will be solid clones of Mirage rather than the usual effect they have. These clones will have a sort of high-latency effect,lagging behind whenever I move, turn, and switch weapons. On even rarer occasions these clones with be of regular Mirage without a head rather than Mirage Prime before correcting themselves. I've been leveling a Gilded Zaw at the same time, and after switching to a regular Zaw I am still having the same issues. If there's any more pertinent information I could provide please feel free to ask. I'm close to max rank with my Mirage Prime so this won't be a huge deal in the future for me but I felt like I should report this either way since it's been so reproducible.

Update: Just did a Nitain Extract Alert on Mars (excavation gamemode), and experienced none of the previously mentioned issues. I used the same Zaw I was leveling earlier and was able to consistently use Hall of Mirrors without problems. This is only a guess, but if the Mirage clones count as entities (like enemies and companions and stuff) then maybe with all of the Grineer and Infested enemies spawning constantly during the Plague Star bounty could be causing issues with the spawning of the Mirage clones. Again, only a guess.

Update 2: After returning to Cetus and doing another Plague Star bounty, with the same Zaw and Mirage Prime, I discovered that this issue no longer appeared. Just gonna leave this here just in case.

Also feel free to move this page to wherever it would be more appropriate, I don't really know where gameplay bugs would go

Edited by GnarrkTheHunter
New information had come up about the issue at hand