Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Insane Endgame idea.

(PSN)Second_Phase

Everyone wants endgame so this may satisfy them.
For this endgame each node would have a regular version or a mastery ranked version.
The enemy lvls would be multiplied by the highest mr in the squad and the mission would drop rarer loot based on the combined mastery ranks.
Ex: A group full of mr 25 enters apollodorus mr version and the enemies start at lvl 25 instead of 1 and the rarer loot bonus would increase by (.5x * MR)
12.5 * 4 = 50. A 50% higher bonus of rare loot and rewards.
also the rewards would be much better
Mot- the enemies start at lvl 1000 if you are mr 25 and choose to do the MR version. 
just a loose concept, lmk what you think

This is a bad idea for two reasons:

Non endless mission types don't facilitate a large difference in difficulty when enemies are scaled this way. In fact, level scaling has the exact opposite effect. For example, mission types like sabotage (fuel cell)/classic sabotage/hive and spy are still trivial since their difficulty isn't based on killing or controlling enemies. Mobile defense can still be trivially completed regardless of enemy level, and due to how health scales per level, the missions may become impotent as objectives outscale the ability for enemies to damage them.

Secondly, scaling as per mastery rank is a rubbish idea unless the scaling floor starts at a low mastery rank such as 10. I've played this game for nearing on 6 years now (5 on this account), and am more than well equipped to deal with such enemies, yet am only at MR17. Its trivial for me to taxi under an MR25 host or something, but imagine someone who can't. You'll still end up saddling players with tedium in endless missions and too weak enemies in normal ones.

On paper this is a nice idea and I don't mind it, but unless non-endless mission types get an overhaul to not be braindead or centered around killing enemies (making them worse than both survival and defense where you do the exact same), I feel like it will fall flat on its face. Maybe if this proposed scaling was attached to raid-esque mission segments (for example, kuva-esque assault) in place of the normal rotation, I'd warm up to it.

Edited by Handstamp