The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

this new gearwheel is awful

JerlBays

With all the new things to put on the wheel, I understand wanting to add more slots. As is, though, and this is a really big flaw for me, is that I can't (*&^ing control where I put gear on the wheel without removing every blasted item on the wheel after that slot and then putting them back in. I spent a lot of time and effort optimizing my gear wheel. I know the exact configuration I want for most of my items, with a few spots I would swap out for things like Razorback ciphers, vault keys, and so on. Now, those slots require that I remove every single item on my regular wheel past my squad restore items, because that's what I was using the fifth slot for. Trying to put the new mining gear in my wheel completely removed all mining options from the wheel without putting it in. I couldn't add back ANY mining tool until I reset the game. Alone, this would be a bug and something to take to that section of the forums, but it is the design itself that I'm commenting on here. This drek don't fly.

I haven't been this annoyed at a program since the last time Windows forced an "upgrade" against my will. Unlike Windows, though, I am not obligated to keep playing this game just to keep my other programs I've already invested so much in. The absolute minimum we need is a better way to organize all items on the wheel in the arsenal interface..

33 minutes ago, Wyrd42 said:

I can't (*&^ing control where I put gear on the whee

Yeah this part is quite clunky. I think they should honestly just do this:

-Add multiple views to the gear wheel, say the current spiral method and then a view of concentric circles you scroll through bringing one at a time to the foreground for manipulation.

-Add a Quick Access Gear bar. This will be a limited space gear wheel like the original, but it should come with hotkey shortcuts to each slot in addition to having less clutter to sift through. You should be allowed to move gear in and out of this gear bar from the main one in the middle of a mission if you need to. This way you can keep your full battery of gear with you but shuffle things you need to be able to use on the fly in and out of the Quick Access bar. They could even take it a step further and let you save some configurations of Quick Access Gear setups you want.

Edited by Beartornado