Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightmare Mode First Time

Raydiayt

I got bored of farming Xini for Banshee Helmet BP, so I decided to try out nightmare mode for the first time, on the lower levels of course.

On Venus, I got tired of looking for a group and decided to go alone (which may have been a bad choice) when upon starting the mission, a Trinity joined. Never saw him before.

As a Rhino paired with a Trinity, I thought "this is going to be easy" 

Yeah....no. Gravity combined with no shields and decaying energy really caused some problems for the two of us. Luckily, it was a raid and we got the artifact, but only to find out the mission was extended to grabbing data masses. At that point, we were like "are you kidding me?" but we went on.

He grabbed the data masses and unlocked the security while I defended him. Occasionally I'd gotten careless with my Iron Skin and he would revive me whenever it ran out. He was downed a few times, but that was because we were separated by either locked doors or just distance. Sometimes he died, but revived, and eventually both of us got to extraction.

First time nightmare mode for me was awesome. It's not something I'll always do, but it was fun. It was an adrenaline rush and gave the "oh S#&$" thoughts every now and then. Naturally, it brought out the teamwork needed to get through.

If I were to change something with Nightmare Mode, it wouldn't be with the gameplay, because that is perfect as it is. I would personally change the rewards so that at the lower levels it stays as it is right now, but at the higher levels (if there will be nightmare missions at the higher levels) have better rewards.

1/ I prefer Exterminate nightmares as they seem to rarely have extended objectives.

2/ I prefer taking on infested, simply because if there is no shields, time restriction or health degradation you at least won't have to worry about a railgun moa, or a heavy grineer or just copious amounts of ranged combatants.

3/ Fighting infested, they often come to you in groups. Killing large numbers will extend time or return health to you, and as for no shields... well the only real threat is from ancients. 

No shields and energy drain combined is quite brutal. But nightmare isn't supposed to be easy mode. Maybe no Mercury they could have some of the modifiers turned off, and have Mercury be your first nightmare mode by Fisher Price.

Problem is, Nightmare is easy mode if you have energy. Theres a huge disparity between no energy/shields and the rest of the nightmare modifiers.

Nightmare Modes have a lot of potential.  DE could get really creative with NM.  But NERFS.................

I wish we could select the NM we want to play.  The other day I was happily getting my butt kicked several times in a row trying to solo no shields + energy drain.   I tried all sorts of builds trying to set up one warframe for this situation from the Warframes I have not played in a long time.  But, the NM randomly changed and I have not found another one like that.

Edited by ThePresident777