Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestions For Getting Saryn Back On The Front Line

Mind_Bullets

But in other side, having skill that is only usefull with combination of your another abillity(esp "Ultimate" 4th) will make him just energy-expencive. remember, that Saryn dont have much energy overall.

I know saryn doesn't have much energy. it's a her btw, and anyway that's also why I've suggested the lifesteal in one of the older answers, you can go ragebuild with saryn ;)

Possible fixes for Venom:

1) Revert to allow stacking, spores combine to prevent lag. Damage cap added if needed for balance

2) Fairly substantial damage buff to current iteration, plus a unique effect. Perhaps spores corrode armor, reducing it by 10% per spore (or whatever amount is balanced).

3) Targets affected by spores release a toxic cloud upon death, similar to the Torid's attack (damage would be independent of this weapon). The DoT while alive is either removed or left at its current level.

Contagion either needs reworked or completely thrown out. It's not really all that helpful in its current state and lacks any sort of fun factor.

The inevitable result is that it lasts an eternity against low level enemies which pose no threat and dies instantly against anything you might really need to get away from. Ergo, it is of very little tactical value.

[...]

TL:DR You're already browsing a forum discussing the balance of a video game. Don't act like your time is precious.

<slow clap> well played, sir </>

It was a pleasure to read this post.  The polishing that is going on with the warframes is so very lackluster.  God forbid DE take a few pointers from their community who have spent thousands of hours with these frames.

Edited by alocrius

DE if u reading this thread...pls DONT MAKE SARYN ALWAYS IN NOVA's SHADOW>..plsss.....dont ruin the game....NERF NOVA M PRIME....if u wanna an OP skill its ok but make each frame an OP skill on its own...but not the BUttion 4 skill.....now it seems like nova DE fav warframe....dont left out all ur creation DE....saryn is one of ur creation too....i nvr see a game that totally left out 1 char...really sad....i really hope for the upcoming U 10 have major changes.....

DE if u reading this thread...pls DONT MAKE SARYN ALWAYS IN NOVA's SHADOW>..plsss.....dont ruin the game....NERF NOVA M PRIME....if u wanna an OP skill its ok but make each frame an OP skill on its own...but not the BUttion 4 skill.....now it seems like nova DE fav warframe....dont left out all ur creation DE....saryn is one of ur creation too....i nvr see a game that totally left out 1 char...really sad....i really hope for the upcoming U 10 have major changes.....

While I appreciate the support for Saryn I wish I could down vote this just for how it was typed.

Moult doesn't need to do damage, what it needs is to be is a distraction. The skin should have high aggro so it is attacked, and Saryn needs to have lower threat for a short time after using the skill and possibly a speed buff. Think of those lizards that have tails which detach when attacked.

Eyecandy: Since Moult is Saryn shedding her skin, when you use the ability you should look different, which fades as the skin grows back. Sort of like how Ember's Overheat looks as it expires.

I would actually really like to see the melee knockdown protection attached to Venom - IE Venom prevents enemy units from activating special abilities (like their AoE knockdowns).  Then maybe bump the damage up a bit (with a reasonable cap) if it's too low now. 

Give Contagion a fixed (increasing by rank) change to pop and spread Venom spores, and make it apply a short term debuff on targets you hit that increases *ranged only* weapon damage against that target. 

This would give both abilities some good group utility when used alone, and strong synergy when used together (Venom makes it safe to melee, Contagion improves Venom's damage and the damage of any allies shooting at your targets). 

Also, Contagion *needs* a better visual indicator (buff timers?  please?).  I have a very hard time telling when it is on and when it has expired. 

I feel like Molt and Loki's Decoy should both be invulnerable, but probably have shorter, fixed durations. 

I really like the idea of Miasma as a placable effect too. 

Very well organized and thought out.

Kudos to you and +1 to your thread.

For a potential fix to Moult, I like the idea in this thread:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/104591-redesigning-saryn/#entry1207318

I also feel that Moult's aggro is somewhat lacking and the fact that it has HP, it kind of makes it difficult to use it well in High levels. His suggestion on Moult's double cast thing is an interesting concept that both sets it apart as a unique skill from Decoy and helps set Saryn up for melee gameplay.

Not a fan of the other changes proposed in that thread though.

For your thread, very well done, and I have no objections on your suggestions whatsoever.

+1.

Edited by X3Evanescence