The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cosmetic Items That Change Animations

silversponge

After watching the stream I felt pulled between what I think they may do to the old cosmetic items and their stat changes because I liked how the stats added customisation but also optimisation of someone's frame (building your own personal frame to excel at a certain trait or style) yet I felt that stats also limited some people's choices as most players would go for power over appearance and also some helmets down right sucked for stats so became redundant. I therefore support ideas such as being able to toggle or mix stats between helmets however that's not what this is about...

I also feel that DE could go in another direction and could instead make purely cosmetic items similar to how dota does it which would therefore remove redundancy of items and decisions would be based on personal opinion and a theme or appearance rather than power.

For example I was thinking that for excalibur there could be a scarf specific to excalibur (using scarves due to their imminent arrival and hype in the game) that modified his slash dash so that at the beginning instead of him folding his sword behind his left side he could bow lower to the floor and run like Sasukes chidori or any number of different animations.

Similarly for ash's blade storm there could be different types of attack styles so instead of using karate or punch based attacks he could use blunt areas of his body such as his head and knees and elbows during the animation or it could change the weapons on his forearms during blade storm so instead of the wolverine blades he has now he could use a sickle or his own shuriken to kill enemies.

Also these items could add effects such as lightning or fire around the user when casting these abilities and these effects could then have their own colours in the panels.

Obviously these items would have to be rare which would either mean they are rare alert rewards or are available as void rewards but have to be crafted as parts before you gain the whole item and they would need to be available on the store for most likely a premium price as a large number of players would be likely to buy these flashy items so that they can show off in game which would also help support DE with extra money.

Silversponge.

Thanks for reading and post suggestions and stuff below

Edited by silversponge

• 3 months later...