The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Regarding Pvp

ThereIsAPatternHere

You don't like PvP? Then stop fighting with people.

I like PvP. It's fun and exciting and random and comes in so many wondrous forms. DE has developed lots of PvP. Their original ideas for Dark Sector included lots of PvP. Even though they decided to go with a different approach 9 years later, they never tossed the idea of PvP in the trash, they've never said we wouldn't have any ever.

Players and DE have never said anything about changing the focus, so stop saying that.

They've also said, several times, that PvE and PvP will be balanced separately, that they will not affect each other. That's one of the reasons the mod card system was created so long ago.

Edited by FatalX7

You don't like PvP? Then stop fighting with people.

They've also said, several times, that PvE and PvP will be balanced separately, that they will not affect each other. That's one of the reasons the mod card system was created so long ago.

I like how you selectively misinterpret things. It's not a matter of liking PvP or not, it's what this game is designed and set up to be...and what it's not.

And besides that, they already nerfed PvE frame abilities for PvP. Rhino Skin, Overheat, Link, and Vortex. I'm probably missing one or two.

Edited by ThereIsAPatternHere

I like how you selectively misinterpret things. It's not a matter of liking PvP or not, it's what this game is designed and set up to be...and what it's not.

You can have PvP in a PvE focused game very easily. Just because it doesn't slot into your idea of what the game is, mean it should be excluded.

You can have PvP in a PvE focused game very easily. Just because it doesn't slot into your idea of what the game is, mean it should be excluded.

You're misunderstanding the point. It's not that PvP should never happen, it's that they're focusing effort and resources on it that are needed elsewhere.

Edited by ThereIsAPatternHere

You're misunderstanding the point. It's not that PvP should never happen, it's that they're focusing effort and resources on it that are needed elsewhere.

They made two PvP maps, so suddenly they've completely neglected the of the rest of the game?

All they did was recycle the system for the Dojo dueling rooms, and make a new environment, this is hardly what I would call intensive effort.

They made two PvP maps, so suddenly they've completely neglected the of the rest of the game?

All they did was recycle the system for the Dojo dueling rooms, and make a new environment, this is hardly what I would call intensive effort.

Yeah, you're right. I'm sure they won't spend any more time or effort on it, since they've got the two maps in. I'm glad to hear you say that.

Sarcasm off, they're obviously intending to follow this up, I shouldn't even need to say it.

TBF I get it isn't using up all of their resources or anything silly like that but they will balance for PVP, Iron Skin was, and the recent ones may or may not have been. I do not like the PVP in Warframe, it isn't that great and I would rather they work on other things or added new segments and/or tilesets to maps instead of building new PVP ones.

Say what you want but this shows how the DE will change in an instant, dont be surprised if by the end of the year the game turns into a pvp game with very little pve, remember they did say the updates were going to be "controversial"

expect the unexpected 

Yeah, you're right. I'm sure they won't spend any more time or effort on it, since they've got the two maps in. I'm glad to hear you say that.

Sarcasm off, they're obviously intending to follow this up, I shouldn't even need to say it.

Welp, if you're that determined that the games going to be ruined, I'm not going to bother trying to convince you otherwise.

Edited by JerryMouse13

So you are saying it's completely fine they have people focusing on PVP when they could (should) be focusing on more important things like clipping trough floors and walls, networking and bunch of other things I most likely forgotten about. 

Why not make sure core game is patched up and free of game breaking bugs before focusing on entirely new gameplay aspects?

It's for fun....it's not meant to be balanced. I can make the same argument about triple and rotating battles in Pokemon. No, that is never going to be competitive either!

exactly, the same way they said that there was not going to be any pvp in the game, see what happened, again dont be surprised if they make it competitive and latter on, like most games, a sort of mandatory thing

exactly, the same way they said that there was not going to be any pvp in the game, see what happened, again dont be surprised if they make it competitive and latter on, like most games, a sort of mandatory thing

And that's when people expecting mostly PVE game will jump ship followed by PVP crowd because DE can't in to balance or steady networking,

Having a large team focusing intensely on a few tasks is very inefficient. And balancing the game for PVP will end up being a boon for PVE content too, it will force them to balance things so that the tenno and the enemies play by the same rules. Even if you don't PVP then this sort of development does ultimately benefit you.

PVP is more networking dependent than PVE. With PVP having higher priority you should expect less lag.

Edited by Mastikator2

they said that there was not going to be any pvp in the game

Misinformation is an ugly thing.

Don't misinterpret things, my post was for everyone.

The same thing as the PS4 release. Resources have been going into it for months, but it's being worked on by an entirely different team of people.

When the game is finally available on the PS4, that is a lot of potential players and money. That money can then go into PvE and even PvP.

More PvP can have the same result. More ways to play, more players playing, and staying, more money for everything else, such as your beloved PvE.

Growth! Expansion!

Edited by FatalX7

Having a large team focusing intensely on a few tasks is very inefficient. And balancing the game for PVP will end up being a boon for PVE content too, it will force them to balance things so that the tenno and the enemies play by the same rules. Even if you don't PVP then this sort of development does ultimately benefit you.

PVP is more networking dependent than PVE. With PVP having higher priority you should expect less lag.

No, what works for pvp may not work for pve and most likely will not work. Whenever devs tape on a pvp it will be bad for core game. I don't know a game where it was beneficial.

No, what works for pvp may not work for pve and most likely will not work. Whenever devs tape on a pvp it will be bad for core game. I don't know a game where it was beneficial.

Could you give me a specific PVE thing that would be made worse if they did something to improve PVP. (Something that they might do I might add)

So you are saying it's completely fine they have people focusing on PVP when they could (should) be focusing on more important things like clipping trough floors and walls, networking and bunch of other things I most likely forgotten about. 

Why not make sure core game is patched up and free of game breaking bugs before focusing on entirely new gameplay aspects?

Your lack of knowledge in the field of programming is truly remarkable.

First a studio is not a singular blob of manpower who can do any task given to them. It is composed of many different departments, each with their own specialization, you can't just pull people from the art department, and expect them to start bug fixing source code. Second, there were no new game elements added in the new PvP rooms, all they did was recycle the Dojo and give it a new map.