Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mod Drop Chance Tweaks For Rare Enemies

matrixEXO

This is a couple of suggestions for improving drops on rare enemies such as the Corpus' Fusion MOA or the Grineer Napalm, enemies that are "captain"-class and sparse to find. Personally, I find it a bit distasteful that I have to grind them over and over to get a mod to drop. Something I feel shouldn't happen. My suggestion to the drop changes are:

1) Reduced Fusion Core drop chances. Removal of Common 5 Fusion Core from list.

Since the addition of Fusion Cores to ALL mobs, they have become a "common" drop. Therefore, getting a Common 5 Fusion Core from a rare enemy is a bit of a killer. Removal of that mod from the list will improve the chances of obtaining the others greatly. Additionally, with a reduction in Fusion Core drop chances, we can finally see more appropriate drop chances of proper mods such as +Multishot or +Raw Damage mods.

2) Increase overall Mod Drop Chance.

This is a very general suggestion because I personally feel that their drop chances are the same as a normal unit's. An increased chance of dropping a mod would reduce the average number of mob slaying for a specific Rare mod, especially Multishot or Raw Damage.

Note that I do not know the datamined values of each individual drop chances and so on so forth. This is a suggestion based off experience of playing with the new Drop System 2.0 and thus may not reflect how it should roughly work. If anyone have a better understanding of the System, please don't be afraid to point out any information that you can offer so that I can have a better understanding of the new System and the drop chances.

Edited by matrixEXO

The Commander glitch was a good evident that players will hunt specific type of enemies in most hated type of mission if there is enough incentive. This method literally works in every ARPG games (Diablo, Torhlight, etc)so why not use it?

I have to say that give elite enemies separate drop table that has nothing but common and rare mods. Also, give them guarantee mod drop/higher chance of rare material.

The Commander glitch was a good evident that players will hunt specific type of enemies in most hated type of mission if there is enough incentive. This method literally works in every ARPG games (Diablo, Torhlight, etc)so why not use it?

I have to say that give elite enemies separate drop table that has nothing but common and rare mods. Also, give them guarantee mod drop/higher chance of rare material.

Agreed on higher chance of rare mats. Not so sure about separate drop tables since the drop tables are already separated per-enemy basis.