The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Transmuting.

SpiderWaifu

I've got no idea about you guys out there, but I've got aprox. 99 Morphics and nothing to spend them on.

On the other hand, I do need other materials that have a lower drop rate, or they're just 'in-demand' (I'm looking at you, Rubedo and Alloy Plates)

I propose a system that allows you to convert your materials in to another type. The sysyem could have a drawback where you'd lose materials if you transmuted them back in to the original form, or something of equal value to it

For example; Let's say you turn 200 Polymer Bundles in to 20 Rubedo. If you turned them back in to Polymer, it'd only be 150 Polymer, or 150 Ferrite. Alternativly, 20 Rubedo to 200 Polymer, then back to Rubedo would get you 15 Rubedos

These are just example numbers, not what I believe the transmuting values should be.

Opinions/ additions or ideas?

Resource trading post? It might make more sense. Each resource could be given a set value, let's call them "Resource Points". More common resources would be worth a lot less than more rare resources. This trading post could be run by players so that it doesn't feel like there's an artificially high amount of resources. Everything would still have a set price though, so as to prevent scamming.

On that note, trading things like mods could also be brought into the equation, maybe even blueprints, but for a very high price.

Resource trading post? It might make more sense. Each resource could be given a set value, let's call them "Resource Points". More common resources would be worth a lot less than more rare resources. This trading post could be run by players so that it doesn't feel like there's an artificially high amount of resources. Everything would still have a set price though, so as to prevent scamming.

On that note, trading things like mods could also be brought into the equation, maybe even blueprints, but for a very high price.

I rather like the idea of a set economy like the one you've suggested.

But then again, a user-based economy like TF2 works out well, because you can get things for what you want to pay, and what the other person wants to sell for.

Trading as a whole is a good idea.

I like the idea of a market resource post, but I would suggest that it be a market resource post that SCALES WITH POPULARITY. For example, the value of morphics would be considered less the more people trade it in for other materials, thus affected the ratio at which morphics can be exchanged with other materials. Similarly, the value of Rubedo would increase as people continue exchanging their materials for it, thus increasing the amount of other resources required to trade for Rubedo.

I think this kind of scaling would go a long way in balancing the usefulness of this tool, so that grinding would not become completely obsolete and players would still have to tough it out sometimes on Lith/Eurasia/Lua for that extra Rubedo.

I like the idea of a market resource post, but I would suggest that it be a market resource post that SCALES WITH POPULARITY. For example, the value of morphics would be considered less the more people trade it in for other materials, thus affected the ratio at which morphics can be exchanged with other materials. Similarly, the value of Rubedo would increase as people continue exchanging their materials for it, thus increasing the amount of other resources required to trade for Rubedo.

I think this kind of scaling would go a long way in balancing the usefulness of this tool, so that grinding would not become completely obsolete and players would still have to tough it out sometimes on Lith/Eurasia/Lua for that extra Rubedo.

Sounds GREAT... a much better money sink than Respecs and the like! :D

Great ideas from everyone, I really enjoy the idea of demand = higher prices too. It'd probably lead to a dedicated group of people playing the system to make

I suggested this, everyone hated it.

https://forums.warfr...rubedo-problem/

People like me more than you.

Although, it's probably more likely that more people are experiencing an excess of one less-used material.