Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Base Damage Increase With Forma?

Mi5fit

I know they're overhauling the armor system and damage but what do you guys think if they added a base damage increase with each forma used on that particular weapon.  It could be 2.5% for each forma or as little as 1% - 1.5%.  Would make some weapons more powerful and viable.  Of course it would also make some of the OP weapons more OP but then most weapons would be able to be used on a regular basis in higher tiered levels.  It would also benefit DE by us using more forma. 

No. I shouldn't have to use forma to increase my damage any more then by using mods.

If anything, using a rank 30 weapon should give more damage value then a level 1, that if any increase would be the one I opt for, not forma increasing damage.

Agreed.

Something like 2% dmgbonus to basedmg for every lvl.

At current state of game only few weapons are effective for high end game.

On one side there is armor crazy scaling on the other side there are big differences in weapons (Tiers).

So the outcome is that some weapons are kind of useless and only a few will be used at the end.

Why not to allow people to use weapons they like as effective as high tier weapons by spending more time via formas.

So the idea of difference between low tier weapons and high tier weapons should be in polarity slots and required time to make low tier weapons work similar to high tier weapons in late game and not in theoretical DPS numbers.

Example:

Vulkar is Tier 1 weapon and available from beginning, no polarity slots

Lanka is Tier 4+ weapon and available at mastery rank 7 with 3 polarity slots

Both maxed and polarized to high end should have similar DPS with a maximum difference of 5-10 % (so that Lanka is still better than Vulkar).

Additional balance screw could be the amount of polarized slots. increase of damage by 5 % for each polarity (cap at 6). Same could be used for other stats. for example critical chance etc. That means low Tier makes less damage at beginning but can be maxed for late game.

However, this will require redesign of armor scaling, damage system and of some weapons values. This way we could have sidegrades, weapon tiers and less useless weapons.

People could infinitely forma a weapon, so that would be OP, time consuming, but OP.

You can cap it by 5 or 6 formas, so that the rest is only for stars and ego.

I like the idea and already proposed it with correlation to balance and sidegrades, however but only for low tier weapons. 

Edited by Voidflow

I know they're overhauling the armor system and damage but what do you guys think if they added a base damage increase with each forma used on that particular weapon.  It could be 2.5% for each forma or as little as 1% - 1.5%.  Would make some weapons more powerful and viable.  Of course it would also make some of the OP weapons more OP but then most weapons would be able to be used on a regular basis in higher tiered levels.  It would also benefit DE by us using more forma. 

They call it mods. Thats what the forma does. More mod space. All mods add damage however passively. fire rate? increased dps. ammo? increased total damage. etc. theres no need for another % increase. weapons have PLENTY of damage already. 

They call it mods. Thats what the forma does. More mod space. All mods add damage however passively. fire rate? increased dps. ammo? increased total damage. etc. theres no need for another % increase. weapons have PLENTY of damage already. 

I can agree with that.  Like I said it was a brief thought, toss around an idea.  Already put in my place haha.  And @Voidflow, sorry I missed your post.  Much more thought out and I like your idea better.  But as some people are saying I guess that would be a little over the top with a dam increase.