Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Sneak And Charge Attacks Should Instantly Kill Non Heavy, Unaware Targets.

Cestus

It would encourage stealth in solo since enemies hit really really hard there. Solo is the only time where stealth would work because in coop, going in guns blazing is usually the best since the AI is less likely to shoot you when there're four peeps in the room while in solo, you'd be lucky to get out of a fight unscratched with two lancers.

Sneak attacks, in my experience, are only worth it at very low levels where the enemies do not have enough health and armor. At higher levels, stealth attacks do not do enough damage to justify their use. You would most likely take off their shields and some health while they scream and let the omniscient others know where you are; the opposite of what you wanted to accomplish with stealth.

This wouldn't replace shooting in solo. It would only add to the tools you have already to stealth your way through the level.

I wouldn't say sneak attacks aren't worth it. But I would say that given the state of stealth in this game if you can manage to sneak up to melee range on a mob without being spotted you deserve a guaranteed kill. Especially since, if you sneak attack a mob and it *doesn't* kill him, he will be alerted, and will alert the rest of the map.

I have played quite a few high level solo stealth runs, and I still usually kill my targets with a single attack, and thats with all of my ussual stealth attacks I think.

Whatever you are using, its far too weak, keep in mind Melee stealth attacks use Charge Damage as their base.

some weapons I commonly use in stealth attacks are

Glavie

Dread

Despair

Hate

Scindo (any of those heavy weapons work actually.)

Snipertron Vandal

and your suits powers can come in quite handy too, personally I use Excalibur, you'd be surprised how effective slash dash is for stealth takedowns.

I wouldn't say sneak attacks aren't worth it. But I would say that given the state of stealth in this game if you can manage to sneak up to melee range on a mob without being spotted you deserve a guaranteed kill. Especially since, if you sneak attack a mob and it *doesn't* kill him, he will be alerted, and will alert the rest of the map.

That's basically what I though was missing with the sneak attacks. They should be rewarding because they require planning and a bit of timing.

I have played quite a few high level solo stealth runs, and I still usually kill my targets with a single attack, and thats with all of my ussual stealth attacks I think.

Whatever you are using, its far too weak, keep in mind Melee stealth attacks use Charge Damage as their base.

some weapons I commonly use in stealth attacks are

Glavie

Dread

Despair

Hate

Scindo (any of those heavy weapons work actually.)

Snipertron Vandal

and your suits powers can come in quite handy too, personally I use Excalibur, you'd be surprised how effective slash dash is for stealth takedowns.

Thanks, I'll have to try the glaive. Though I use longswords(pangolin) most of the time and it's pretty weak for a longsword, I use it because it's a choice and having a choice of tool for a stealth is pretty important imo.

I wasn't aware that sneak attacks used charge attacks as a base for the damage. If that's the case, why would we use anything other than charge attacks for stealth? Sneak attacks have a certain angle, distance and risk requirement to be executed unlike charge attacks.

Edited by Cestus

I wasn't aware that sneak attacks used charge attacks as a base for the damage. If that's the case, why would we use anything other than charge attacks for stealth? Sneak attacks have a certain angle, distance and risk requirement to be executed unlike charge attacks.

Sneak attacks use charge attacks as their *base* and then apply a guarantied crit.

I don't gear for stealth, but I find that the Plasma Sword is a good weapon to have when I stumble upon a sneak opportunity, especially with Killing Blow. And it's a great charge/crit weapon even without sneak attacks.

Use improved charge attack damage mods for getting way better sneak attacks, works on prone type executions too.

Also, i think stealth needs a big, big overhaul. As things are you are allowed to be stealthy for 1/5 of the mission (optimistically).

Sometimes i'm stealthed for longer but that is only because i run and shade hides me.

I would love stealth to be more viable/useful/feasible, Tenchu style, where you set up one stealth kill after the other.

I don't mind if a full charge attack / sneak attack doesn't kill a heavy in one, I DO MIND, when it doesn't even kill a regular crewmember or light grineer!

Past lvl 40's, Sneak attacks do negligible damage, and just aren't worth it

Just charge.

The thing I don't want to see in Warframe is typical stealth game style with dumb, deaf, blind enemies which wearing their radio just for the show and NOT running to alarm, activating it in like 2 seconds.

Not to mention that they won't set off the alarm if you are too far from them already.

You already can punch everyone in the face without actual hiding yet complete the mission without alarm. And it's not even Quake level to get this right.

Edited by Icouldjustkissyou