Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Invisibility Covering Sentinels Is Better Than Smokescreen

shut

This is not a "Should Loki's invis cover Sentinels?" thread. I personally think that it should, and if what I read is correct, it was already said during Livestream 13 that it was a bug and would be fixed in U10.

But the thing is, after Loki's Invis gets buffed to include the sentinel, it'll technically be a direct upgrade to Ash's in terms of cost:time efficiency. The only differences will be:

-Loki's Invisibility makes you go deaf (no longer important, since Lotus' messages now display text)

-Ash's Invisibility briefly stuns a bunch of enemies, but can also alert them and ruin the point of stealth. Not many people play stealthily these days, but for those who do, this is always an annoyance.

In higher-level missions, players hardly care about these two tidbits.

So, what I'm thinking is that since Loki's Invisibility is simply a camouflage, while Ash's Smokescreen hides him inside a cloud of smoke while obscuring the vision of enemies, their invisibilities could be altered accordingly to more suit their descriptions.

So, I was thinking-- either slightly nerf (I know that many of you hate this word by now, but bear with me) Loki's invisibility, so you aren't playing godmode, or slightly buff Ash's invisibility, so he has a bit more competition.

Possible buffs to Ash's invisibility could include one or more of:

-Doing what the description said and actually obscuring the enemies' vision, so their aim when firing at teammates is reduced.

-Allow Sentinels to fire their weapons while shrouded in smoke.

-Cloak teammates and hostages(!) who were inside the initial smoke blast for a short time.

However, buffing Ash's best skill seems a bit silly to me, so let's talk about tweaks for Loki.

With two players in the party that have Energy Siphon (one of whom is likely Loki himself), a well-modded Essence Loki can stay invisible for the entire game without needing to pick up any energy orbs. Yes, he's named after a god, but that doesn't mean he should play like one. 

So, I propose one or more of:

-Allow Loki to be seen by enemies while under elemental effects such as fire and ice. His Invisibility is simply a "camouflage", meaning that anything that's sitting on top of his colour-changing suit can still be seen (i.e. flames and heavy condensation). Similar to a Spy from TF2, except you don't suddenly become visible when shot or bumped into.

-Allow enemies to feel when you bump into them. If you collide with an enemy, they won't know where you are, but may take a swing at you with their weapon before firing in your (very general) direction.

So the potential that Invis offers can still be met by a relatively skilled player, but you need to be just a teensy bit more careful. I think that this would add a bit more variety to Loki's playstyle, which I, as a Loki main, would really like to see.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Edited by SortaRandom