The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are We Supposed To Be Hyped For Primes?

NIL0S

Shield recharge on Excel prime is better than the standard excal; prime is 22.5 the standard excal 20, add the extra polarity slot, and the 100 energy gain in the void and its a fair difference. All primes from what I recall were to have better shield regen over their standard counterpart, although having reset my account I no longer have a normal frost to compare with its prime brother to see if that is still the case, the wiki seems to suggest not.

Lore-wise, Primes are the ancient, Orokin-era things stored in pristine condition due to being inside the Void, free from centuries of deterioration. Contemporary gear is created based on information gleamed through researching salvaged data or pieces of time-weathered orokin tech found throughout the planets of the solar system, and made simpler/less shiny due to substitution of rarer orokin-era materials with more available things.

_

Also lore-wise, it's been stated that the Corpus has many "samples" of Warframes (and of course, the Tenno inside them), but still doesn't understand why they can't wear the damn things. Same could probably be said with the Grineer, so a Grineer/Corpus 'frame seems unlikely for the time being. They have, however, integrated some aspects of the Warframes into their tech, notably Sargas Ruk's Bullet Attractor and Hyena's Electric Shield.

There are also players who Pay for things that are new and shiny.

Erm, sure, except that barring Excal Prime, no prime items can be purchased (yet).

Anyway, agree with the OP, 2 formas and a catalyst in my Latron, I'm not ditching it for the Prime version, same goes for my Boar, Braton, Fang and Orthos.

Pure mastery fodder, that's all they are to me.