Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

50% & 75% Coupons

ZeroPhobic

I didn't know where to put this topic so I'm coming to Off topic.

Why don't they just give everyone a one time use 75% and 50%, while taken them from the random log-in and keep the 20% in the random log in? DE would make soooo much more money if people had two great coupons to use when ever they had the funds to use them, not when they might happen to show up, if they show up.

Even though it is two purchases at greatly reduced rate, people would be more apt to buy into the concept of buying platinum if they had coupons they could use once and would come back more because, they see the worth of having some platinum in their account.

Since we can't trade anything in this game including platinum, coupons, or even goods bought from platinum, why not offer a way into for most players with a nice discount? My two cents.

Edited by ZeroPhobic

Considering he is a grand master I dont think it is about him needing platinum. I think he/she is just throwing out a great idea that would make DE a substantial amount of money that can help them make the game better for the rest of us. Try remembering that DE survives solely off the money they receive from platinum purchases. 

when 75% became possible, nearly 70% of the population got that coupon right away.

you have to remember, if you already have a coupon, it must expire before you get another. some people already had a coupon and didnt recieve it. it was a 1 day thing for everyone to get it right then.

Maybe I wasn't clear about the topic, it's not about me getting a coupon. It is about making DE money and bringing people into the fold of wanting to buy platinum, after all the game survives and grows because of our money. After the coupons came out (due to popular demand on the boards) I have noticed people waiting for them to drop in order to buy platinum, this may have slowed down the intake of money by DE. I don't know, I am not in the loop of the numbers, I'm just a player after all, but the people I play with and their friends have said to me a few times, "I hope I get a coupon soon, so I can buy some platinum." This led me to think if the 20% and maybe the 50% were left in the random rewards and the 75% and maybe the 50% was a one time deal, it may help in the overall money brought in to DE. You may have noticed I mentioned the 50% twice and in two different areas there, I am saying it can either work as a random reward as a "rare" or be a one time deal.

After all this is a part of marketing DE's platinum, and if DE looks like they are the players side and willing to take a hit with the 75% at our fingertips and not a "super rare" that is lost to legend, people will be more willing to give money to DE and even get future PS4 users to get involved on the website, which we all do almost daily, but PS4 users would not normally do unless they had a very good reason to check out the website. I believe a great coupon would qualify as a good reason to check out the site and maybe take part in the community here.

I don't need platinum at the moment or am I complaining about not getting this or that as a random. However, I do see the value of having platinum on my account, for those items you just don't have time to farm or simply just want a reactor or whatever for a new weapon. I believe everyone that has spare platinum (just like having a bit of money in the bank for rainy days) knows the joy of just having it there when they want something quickly. Giving new players or even long time players the option to buy a nice pile of platinum will give everyone that feeling as well as tap into a large group of people who simply don't buy platinum because it is either too expensive in their eyes or they don't see the value, either way it will help DE get more money which in turn allows them to keep expanding this game.

Edited by ZeroPhobic