Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dear De: Why Do I Need Mods To Make A Feature In Your Game Work?

RealityMachina

So, the new update added in mods that allowed blocking to do stuff like deflecting damage back to your target, doing a successful melee block knocks back foes, auto blocking, stuff like that etc.

This would all sound very nice if it wasn't for the fact that blocking, as is in its non-mod using form, does absolutely nothing.

So, um, yeah. Basically the title of the thread, why the hell do I need to use up a scarce resource (mod slots) just so I can have a function of your game work?

Something that, I dunno, people who get interested in this game because it sounds like a mashup of ME3 COOP and Metal Gear Rising might get confused by since "ninjas who can effectively block attacks" would probably be something they expect to be in by default?

And not something they need to farm maps for until they finally get a mod?

I mean, when I heard "we're going make stamina more important" I thought it was going be stuff like "blocking will actually do something", not "blocking will actually do something as long as you farm for mods and use them in your mod slots, oh and we're going make it so you need to equip mobility mods since we're going to be nerfing your stamina base hard"

In fact, part of me's tempted to just suggest to just scrap the stamina system entirely and just blatantly rip off what you can from how MGR:R handled stuff like sprinting and blocking that you reasonably can.

I don't think anybody's going to mind, it's not like MGR:R clones are flooding the market or anything. In fact I would probably welcome a few more MGR:R clones here and there...

so someone wanna tell me what is good about update 10.. because tbh i really think its just a giant fail.. the content is there, but it is just presented in the worst way i have ever seen from de.. im ashamed.. :(

AND BTW - this is not about change or S#&$ like that.. this stuff is legit just bad bad bad.. i have posted 2 times if u look at problems with update 10.. you will see it. it sums up exactly how the farming works and my actual thoughts as i learned about the navs.

I know what you mean, the mods sound interesting, but they are a bit gimmicky and I just don't see myself using them.

If anything, those could be weapon mods.

A trade-off. Rather than having a strong melee weapon, you have a defensive tool.

As for the stamina system change, it slowed this dynamic and fast-paced game down plenty.

Disagree. Blocking does little right now, but not nothing. Stopping ancients from knocking you down or draining your energy is pretty huge if you're playing on a difficulty that's challenging you. They are in the process of redoing the bosses so who knows what will be worth blocking from them. Does it stop grineer heavies from knocking you down? I never tried, I always shoot them or bump into them at a corner lol.

I don't see this as a mod issue, I see it as an issue with this being a young game. As more enemy types come in and new bosses have more interesting attacks block will fill out.

. They are in the process of redoing the bosses so who knows what will be worth blocking from them.

You know that trailer with Vor and how the Excalibur managed to block his laser attack for a bit?

Yeah try that in the actual game and you just get murdered. At least that's how every attempt I tried to block that attack has ended so far. So my hopes for this are pretty, pretty low.