Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Matchmaking Needs A Rework

Bean_

I feel like the current recruitment channel is a problem in the direction Warframe is currently headed. As it stands, the system built into the star chart where players click on a node and are either put into an existing squad or are joined by others conflicts with how selective most mid to late game parties tend to be.

For instance, you never just join Elite Sanctuary Onslaught and hope for the best in a group of randoms. You join a party first through the recruitment channel--typically consisting of a Trinity, Rhino, Saryn, and Volt--and then go. This is one of many examples in which players must circumvent the built in matchmaking system--that being being randomly assigned to a squad--in order to be in cohesive teams that have the same goals.

The recruitment channel in of itself is rudimentary in my opinion. Realistically, it's just a spam fest with people fishing for anyone that's willing to hop in their squad, where potential squad mates must see the text before it quickly gets washed away by all of the other text. So not only is it difficult to find teammates, but the chat also uses jargon that is unfamiliar and intimidating to new players.

Overall, I'd like to see this system reworked. Perhaps turning the recruitment channel from being text based to adding a sort of searchable, scrollable menu where players can create and name lobbies that show the node, the amount of spots open, what frames are in each occupied spot, and any additional notes, which could include what frames are needed, intended round length, or what particular prime part they're farming. I feel that this change would streamline the matchmaking process, drastically cutting down the time it takes to find a team and encouraging new players to hop into the fray of team based gameplay.

• Like 1