Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About These Random Spawn Orb Vallis Somachords. . . .

(PSN)HallDaOnly

Finding them is bad. I can't speak from a design/dev perspective, but from a player perspective: it's not fun (for me at least), it's not rewarding (for me, again), and it doesn't make sense (objectively).

Normal mission maps are mostly comprised of procedurally generated, relatively small corridors. They're easy to comb through and since there's no way of telling where everything is gonna be, randomly spawning 1 fragment per mission is kinda necessary. That doesn't work with large open areas, and the devs know this.

1000-year fish spawn statically and all together. Data hashes spawn statically and all together. Mem fragments spawn statically and all together. Somachords spawn dynamically, and one at a time? Why? Who suggested this? Why?! Who green lit this? WHY?!?!

If it has to do with the way that Somachords function, why didn't they just create a new object like they did for the 1000-year fish, data hashes, and Mem fragments? What's the point of forcing the few players who actually care about Fortuna's music to wander aimlessly around the Vallis 28 times?