Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion For Prime Weaponry,lorewise.

JusticeJack

Hi all!
I was in CB of this wonderful game,and i still like it,despite its many many badly chosen direction (Lot's of threads on these, mat requested for clan weaponry recently released, broken loot tables, not-fixing-just-adding and the balancing stuff)
I like the visuals,the gameplay and the open-misterious lore of the warframe universe, that's why i thought a suggestion on something most of us find annoying : primes OPness.

Now now,hold onto your ninja chair, not all prime are blatanlty op, i just want to suggest HOW to avoid such imbalance,why and with what benefits.

Good prime example : Boar prime.
Why?Because it's "different from boar,but not overall better". It annihilates faster, and has bigger clips BUT less damage.This not only make it a side grade, a rare and likeable addition to an otherwise not so balanced arsenal (wich more like a ladder with the tiering of some weapons,than a free choice) but it's even LOREWISE!
Yes, we could use lore better. The orokin for all we now had ONE AMAZING technology, especially in "folding dimension" so their weapon (the ones that use ammo at least) should most of the time if not always have BIGGER CLIPS or/and faster reload.
Now i think that probably having different bonus-malus set than "more ammo-less damage" would add variety to primes, but we came now to the bad example of this idea :

Bronco Prime :
MASSIVE DAMAGE boost, HUGE CLIP but oh, it shoots slower.
If it shoots like once every 5 second it will be balanced with the crazy damage boost, of course it would be almost impractical but more balanced!
To still refer to the lore, tennos draw their tech from orokin more than grineers and corpus, wich means their weapon shouldn't be subpar with orokin weaponry-"BUT THEY WERE MISTERIOUS ALIENS WITH AMAZING TECH!"
Yes, they were, and then they disappear/died/got disneyed/ so i think their arsenal wasnt' the best in the galaxy on every level.(Tennocyte may have some implications, but still, amazing tech and not a cure/vaccine?)

Suggestion :
1-Primes should mostly have bigger clip for the lore.
2-Primes should be like boar prime, a sidegrade, and not AN UPGRADE, like bronco or orthos prime.
Example for more variety : give innate puncture but LESS damage, or +ONE SLOT for mod and WAYYY less damage or clip or rof!

Comments, suggest and critic appreciated here, especially on my horribly self taught written english.