Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Late Game Stealth Mission Idea (Spoilers)

Aksyl

Hey, yeah, so uh, SPOILERS

SPOILERS! For basically all the main plot quests! Don't read unless you're all the way caught up!

You have been warned!

Think of this is a hybrid spy/sabotage.

Here's the basic outline of the mission: Someone has co-opted or developed a way to detect warframes with active transference in a wide area, and are using this development to monitor a secure research facility.

The Tenno must infiltrate this facility undetected while their warframe(s) is(/are) brought in as cargo. The operators may then decide to sabotage the alert system and break their frame out of storage and get to work wrecking the facility, or complete secondary objectives in stealth before doing so. If detected, at any point, the secondary objectives are cancelled as the targets are  further hidden/removed/destroyed.

Concerns:

This sounds like schools may help a lot with the completion of the mission. The opportunity to replenish health is a must for those that haven't either mained or unbound Vaz, and no other schools should be strictly necessary for completion of this mission.

What about Umbra? Well, I dunno, I guess they'll just need to strike a pose and hold it until you spring 'em.

Why can any warframe be brought to complete the objective when my operator alone cannot? Well, the warframe you bring is more for backup or if things go south, mechanically speaking, plot wise, I dunno, maybe you're overloading the sensor by being both 'physically present' and transferring to the frame when you do decide to go loud?

What kind of reward would cause me to want to do this? I dunno, that's for DE to decide if they wanna do this, and I hope they do, I've been hankering for some proper stealth action in WF for some time and that's the impetus for me, but I don't want it to displace the fast paced murder surfing we have now.

Isn't this just more lategame? Where's the stuff for the newbs? I feel like it's bad design to implement something wildly different without prior precedent in your title, but that's what spy and rescue are. I like the idea of the operators being more relevant to the story and the game overall but I feel the way to address that is to shift the execution. Also, I couldn't think of another way to strip the player from their murder-god powers believably without it necessitating 'going in naked'.

In closing, I like this game a lot and I like where it's heading, I like rescue and spy missions, and it's a lot of fun for me to get through the puzzle rooms undetected, but it's so hard to find a team that cares enough in pug, and then it always turns into a race for some reason.