Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Power Range + Frost

SpiderWaifu

So today when I was doing my basic housekeeping of my inventory, I found I had two aprox. 30% power range mods. I decided to slap them on my frost and see what happened.

And boy did things happen.

As you'd expect, the traveling range of abilities was increased, and for Snow Globe, it's size was. [needs confirmation]

Lets just talk about Avalanche for a bit.

The range went up, quiet a bit. Not sure what it's new limit is though. This is normal and expected.

What isn't expected is something that's better explain via video.

Don't know what you mean .....

Avalanche already has a huge range so it benefits well from range mods. Snow Globe, Ice Wave and Freeze are not affected by Range mods (which is odd).

If your video is to state the fact that avalanche kills instantly thats nothing new. Avalanche does 1000 damage reduced by enemy armor.

Don't know what you mean .....

Avalanche already has a huge range so it benefits well from range mods. Snow Globe, Ice Wave and Freeze are not affected by Range mods (which is odd).

If your video is to state the fact that avalanche kills instantly thats nothing new. Avalanche does 1000 damage reduced by enemy armor.

Pretty sure his video was to state the fact that Avalanche does benefit from power range, which was something he didn't know, and wanted to share with the rest of the forums. With as many broken or odd mods as there are, it was a good thing just to show as fact.

Nice video, thanks.

Pretty sure his video was to state the fact that Avalanche does benefit from power range, which was something he didn't know, and wanted to share with the rest of the forums. With as many broken or odd mods as there are, it was a good thing just to show as fact.

Nice video, thanks.

Not at all.

What he's trying to show is that long-lasting stun that is added to Avalanche when you add power range mods. It insta-bursts basically if you have none equipped. I have a rank 30 frost to empirically back up this idea (for myself anyway, you're just gonna hafta believe me and that video).

And Power Strength mods dont work on Frost's 4th skill ^^ I think the confusion is now complete.

Has this been confirmed? I use a Mag (Frost is still a day away) but couldn't quite make up if power strength mods affect the 4th skill. I wouldn't expect it to deal more than the 1000 damage but I hoped it might do increased damage to armored targets like Grineer.

Has this been confirmed? I use a Mag (Frost is still a day away) but couldn't quite make up if power strength mods affect the 4th skill. I wouldn't expect it to deal more than the 1000 damage but I hoped it might do increased damage to armored targets like Grineer.

I can confirm power strength does not improve avalanche. I tried a 19.8% booster, still did 1k.

Not at all.

What he's trying to show is that long-lasting stun that is added to Avalanche when you add power range mods. It insta-bursts basically if you have none equipped. I have a rank 30 frost to empirically back up this idea (for myself anyway, you're just gonna hafta believe me and that video).

Exactly what I was trying to get at.