Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A List Of Enemy Adjustments

Madotsuki

So I’ve been playing Warframe for a while now, and I really think this game has a lot of potential. The dev team has also been very nice, often listening to suggestions on the forums, and I sincerely thank them for that. However, closed beta being a closed beta, I have encountered a lot of things on the game so far that has made me quite frustrated, though especially concerning enemies. Below is a list I have compiled from my own experience and from other threads on the forums on possible adjustments to enemy units, their spawn rate and most importantly the constant stun-locking that I’ve seen other players complain about, that I think would definitely improve the Warframe experience for many players.

Grineer

General

Spawn rate reduction: Stop having large hordes of Grineer spawn in the room behind me that I just cleared recently. I’ve had many experiences of having cleared a room of all enemies, often the room being a deadend (only 1 entrance, links to no other rooms), and turn to leave only to find my route blocked by a large squad of Grineers. Finding myself overwhelmed, I turn around in an attempt to head back into the deadend room I just cleared for cover, only to find that a new, large squad of enemies have suddenly spawned in that deadend room which I had just cleared about 30 seconds ago. And then I get killed. It’s really unfair and makes no sense. It would be much better if Grineers spawn at a minimum of 2 rooms away from the player.

Enemies

Commanders

• Decrease their teleport rate, right now their constant switch teleports are extremely disorienting and makes them not only a threat by teleporting you into a group of enemies, but also an extreme nuisance. Maybe have a 30 second cooldown between teleports?
  • While using my Boltor (before the nerf), I noticed that Commanders ignores the bolt armor piercing. Bug?
  • 1 second player invuln after teleport, to prevent insta-death by teleporting a player into the midst of a large squad/in front of shield lancers and getting knocked down without a chance to dodge

Seekers
  • I don’t know whether the perma-stun against players with their taser balls in multiplayer currently is a glitch or not, but I think they shouldn’t stun a player for longer than a Corpus crewman would get stunned by electric damage. Also, while this seems to be in effect already, the fact that they do not deploy the tasers in solo missions and only the explosive latchers should be kept definitely.
  • Each seeker should have a limit on them so they can’t have more than one taser ball deployed at all times. And all seekers should have a global limit of no more than (n-1) taser balls deployed on the map for n players on the map, to prevent total party stuns.
  • Slower fire rate/charge up, his Kraken does some pretty nasty damage right now for someone whose gimmick should be throwing out the latchers

New enemy, Grenadier
  • Heavy unit
  • Shoots pipe bombs that arc and explode after a 2-second delay on hitting ground
  • Maximum consecutive 3 bombs before a 5-7 second reload, prevent bomb spam
  • Replace Grinders as a method of flushing players out from cover, without being ridiculously hard to kill and relying on stunlock

Corpus

All Moas
  • Should be staggered by shock damage, akin to hit by AOE melee ground slam
  • They’re robotics, it makes sense
  • Matches crewmen weakness, more synchronized weakness on faction

Shockwave Moas
  • Player should be immune to knockdown while knocked down. I shouldn’t even have to say this, yet that’s not how it currently works in-game.

Laser gates
  • Add a green glow effect on affected doors if laser gate is activated as a subtle warning, to make it less of a sudden death to newer players who haven’t gotten used to Corpus security systems.

Infested

Chargers/Hounds
  • Bring back old corpus chargers as standard infantry
  • Keep new grineer chargers as a new type of enemy called Hounds
  • Hounds act as mini-bosses like Ancients, i.e. lower spawn rate, but each individual spawn will always be as a pack of around a dozen
  • Lotus informs player whenever a Hound pack has spawned
  • Hounds have double hp of current new grineer chargers and will actively try to flank and surround players instead of standard chasing
  • Intimidation factor. Scene: You just sliced your way through a horde of standard Infested runners and chargers and thinks “Huh, this isn’t too difficult.” And then suddenly, Lotus informs you: “Be careful, a pack of hounds is headed your way.” And then you hear numerous distorted howls in the distance, getting louder by the second and accompanied by lots of footsteps.
  • Alternate name: Hunters?

All Ancients
  • Decrease spawn rate, down to the level of Grineer Heavies. Having to deal with half a dozen Toxic Ancients and/or Disruptors at once is not fun.
  • Increase xp gain from Ancient kills, up to Grineer Heavy level. Right now they’re harder to kill than Heavies, but has several times less xp worth than Heavies.
  • Should be affected by Volt abilities (except Ancient Disruptor maybe, due to its energy-draining properties)

Ancient Healer
  • Increase heal amount/heal rate
  • Right now their healing power is so insignificant, at least as far as I’ve noticed, that they may as well not have a healing ability.
  • Make them more noticeable as a threat
  • Should not be able to heal self/other Healers

Ancient Disruptor
  • Should only take away a chunk of energy per hit instead of draining all energy at once. Abilities make the game unique, and making an enemy whose sole purpose is to take away your abilities is frustrating.
  • 50-100 energy drained per hit, depending on Disruptor level
  • Should only take away a chunk of shield instead of draining all shields. Draining all shields immediately + stagger makes them too lethal if you’re also surrounded by a horde.
  • 100-200 shield drain per hit depending on Disruptor level, shields cannot recharge during the fuzzy-screen effect, halved shield regen rate for 10 seconds after hit

Toxic Ancient
  • Current toxic aura too powerful (approx. 40 hp damage just for letting one get near you)
  • Remove permanent toxic aura, make melee strikes induce toxic instead
  • Add a toxic spew attack in close range, similar to Nauseous Crawler spew
  • Toxic damage on melee hit: 15 hp damage instantly, 10 additional hp overtime. Toxic damage on spew: 30 hp damage instantly, 10 additional hp overtime

Stun-lock issues
  • Allow player to perform an instant recovery after knockdown via body flip by pressing sprint key, at the expense of stamina.
  • Allow player to get out of a stagger by rolling.
  • Make rolling expend stamina.

I may have left something out, or didn’t elaborate enough on a point or two, and all this is my personal opinion. Please feel free to put down your own ideas and thoughts, and I hope the devs see this :O

Sounds pretty much in line with a lot of the other feedback I've seen. A few things:

All Moas

Do they not? I have an electrical mod on my sword and it stuns Moa when I hit them.

Grineer

General

Spawn rate reduction:

Chargers/Hounds

Bring back old corpus chargers as standard infantry

A lot of these changes were - I believe - in response to community feedback. There was a lot of talk about how the game was "too easy" and some people responded negatively to levels where there were no enemies for most of the mission. When Chargers were introduced, there was a huge outcry of people who didn't like them or thought they were breaking the game.

I'm not saying these don't need a readjustment - its common for games to fluctuate back and forth between "way too easy" and "Oh God Please Stop" before finding that sweet spot, but its something to keep in mind.

Sounds pretty much in line with a lot of the other feedback I've seen. A few things:

All Moas

Do they not? I have an electrical mod on my sword and it stuns Moa when I hit them.

Grineer

General

Spawn rate reduction:

Chargers/Hounds

Bring back old corpus chargers as standard infantry

A lot of these changes were - I believe - in response to community feedback. There was a lot of talk about how the game was "too easy" and some people responded negatively to levels where there were no enemies for most of the mission. When Chargers were introduced, there was a huge outcry of people who didn't like them or thought they were breaking the game.

I'm not saying these don't need a readjustment - its common for games to fluctuate back and forth between "way too easy" and "Oh God Please Stop" before finding that sweet spot, but its something to keep in mind.

Concerning Moas, at least i don't notice them getting stunned when i shoot them with shock damage.

As for the spawn rate reduction and the chargers thing, i really don't mind having to deal with large amounts of enemies, as long as they spawn at reasonable locations. I can accept clearing a large room, going through several rooms afterwards and completing the objective, then having to deal with 2 dozen additional grineers that spawned in that room i cleared while backtracking through it. At least on the higher difficulties. What i can't accept is having 2 dozen grineers spawn in the room which i just exited, which i just cleared less than 30 seconds ago, which was a deadend anyway so additional enemies there made no sense, and then dying from being randomly surrounded with no safe cover to get to. And the chargers, i don't mind the new chargers, i think they're a cool new variety of enemy. I just don't like them spawning so damn much and completely replacing the old chargers. As i said in the thread, i would like the new grineer chargers to remain as an enemy with additional buffing, just not basic spawn-en-masse infantry.

I almost exclusively solo missions. On occasion I join squads in boss fights to help out and slip through the Mercury levels to help new players out.

I exclusively solo due to connectivity issues :/ Even with bosses. So far I've beaten Vor, Jackal, Sargas Ruk, Nef Anyo, Tyl Regor, Golem and, after a lot of frustration and pain, Hyena on solo, all without a Gorgon. I find a few of the later bosses are just mostly a bullet sponge on solo honestly. Vor, Jackal, and Regor are okay. Ruk's just a little bit spongy, not too much, and Anyo's just a sandbag to beat on. But the Golem and the Hyena are REALLY spongy :/ I would suggest adjusting the shield and/or hp of some later bosses like the Hyena according to player numbers, if that's alright :/