The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Last post wins

Mr.ElevenXI

Tic tac toe? For realz?

EDIT: Eff yes, I think I finally have a rig that will work for the bowstring on my Compound bow model... trying not to get too complicated is hard... if I'd just done a full manual rig I'd be done by now, ironically enough.

Edited by Siubijeni

Nope. Those were composite recurve bows. A lot easier to model cause the string doesn't have to interact with pulley's and crap.

One of my RWBY original characters uses a very unique compound bow. I'm still finalizing a name for it, but I've got one idea I like. She's like Jaune in that her weapon doesn't really transform. Compound bows are generally drawn with mechanical releases, rather than directly with your fingers, and she has some knives with that mechanism built into the hilt--a larger one that she can use in close combat, and a plethora of smaller throwing knives.

Originally, I had a her wearing a claw gauntlet, with the intention that the thumb section of that would act as the thumb rings used as guards by the Mongols and other archers of ye olden times. That was before I learned about mechanical releases and the inefficiency/risk of finger-drawing a high-powered Compound bow. So I'm not playing up the weaponization of her protective archery equipment so much.

Edited by Siubijeni