The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Last post wins

Mr.ElevenXI

*after ten minutes of awkward silence, Verdict finally opens his mouth to say something*

Do you know what it's like to live in someone else's mind for almost a year? To share each other's thoughts, to twine your very self around another person until you almost don't know where one ends and the other begins? Like Jormungand, the World Serpent, twisting around and around until it finds itself devouring its own tail... But it is beautiful to be so entwined.

*he gets so into it that he forgets you are even there, and thinks he's talking to himself*

To curve your soul around the soul of someone you love until you can no longer live without them....

It is terrifying to love like that.

It can break you.

It can gut you.

Yet it is like flying... It's such along away to the ground if something crushes your wings, but all the while, you are that much closer to the clouds and the stars.

*after ten minutes of awkward silence, Verdict finally opens his mouth to say something*

Do you know what it's like to live in someone else's mind for almost a year? To share each other's thoughts, to twine your very self around another person until you almost don't know where one ends and the other begins? Like Jormungand, the World Serpent, twisting around and around until it finds itself devouring its own tail... But it is beautiful to be so entwined.

*he gets so into it that he forgets you are even there, and thinks he's talking to himself*

To curve your soul around the soul of someone you love until you can no longer live without them....

It is terrifying to love like that.

It can break you.

It can gut you.

Yet it is like flying... It's such along away to the ground if something crushes your wings, but all the while, you are that much closer to the clouds and the stars.

Somewhat.

What? I was joking..

Or were you?

I cared for them and now they're dead because I couldn't commit genocide.

Because I couldn't conquer a world to save them.

Because I wasn't strong enough,

Desperate enough.

Clever enough.

Ruthless enough to protect them and now.... now they're dead.

*begins walking away, leaving Verdict alone to his ramblings*