Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What I'd Like To See With My Favorite Warframe: Volt

Mithrah

So, regardless of how he may be underpowered against anyone except for Corpus missions, Volt has always been my most played and favorite warframe. So much so that while most people have been expressing a large outcry for him to be bumped up, I have been largely ignoring his under utilized state. That was, until Mag got buffed yet again, and pull has been made into one of the single best powers in the game, both doing outrageous damage and being a CC ability on a spammable power. All of that on an already stellar frame. So now I feel the underpowered state even harder than before, as Mag is now what Volt should have been from the get-go, the gunplay alternative frame... That being said, this is what I would love to see happen to Volt: 

1. Shock should apply an effect that causes the next Overload volt uses to do a significant amount of increased damage. The first 3 enemies that shock hits should stun.

2. Speed is fine, no change needed.

3. Electric shield is great, no change needed. (even if the dome idea gets implemented, cool, but the weapon synergy of electric shield already makes it the best utility power in the game.)

4. Overloads effect and range should stay the same, but it should change from a channel into a deployed AoE, much like Vauban's Dark Vortex.

The largest factors in what makes this ability underpowered are that it's full damage potential is based on the tile you are fighting in, and the fact that armor mitigates it's damage (which makes no sense, I don't think Grineer use rubberized armor, but I could be wrong about that.) But even more important then both of those circumstances, is the fact that volt becomes a floating target, screaming "Hit me please" while channeling it, unable to shoot things or cancel out of this state whereas other frames that do as much damage with similar abilities, can cast them on the fly and not effectively CC themselves for it's duration.

Let me know what you think here.

Edited by Mithrah

So, regardless of how he may be underpowered against anyone except for Corpus missions, Volt has always been my most played and favorite warframe. So much so that while most people have been expressing a large outcry for him to be bumped up, I have been largely ignoring his under utilized state. That was, until Mag got buffed yet again, and pull has been made into one of the single best powers in the game, both doing outrageous damage and being a CC ability on a spammable power. All of that on an already stellar frame. So now I feel the underpowered state even harder than before, as Mag is now what Volt should have been from the get-go, the gunplay alternative frame... That being said, this is what I would love to see happen to Volt: 

1. Shock should apply an effect that causes the next Overload volt uses to do a significant amount of increased damage. The first 3 enemies that shock hits should stun.

2. Speed is fine, no change needed.

3. Electric shield is great, no change needed.

4. Overloads effect and range should stay the same, but it should change from a channel into a deployed AoE, much like Vauban's Dark Vortex. The largest factors in what makes this ability underpowered are that it's full damage potential is based on the tile you are fighting in, and the fact that armor mitigates it's damage (which makes no sense, I don't think Grineer use rubberized armor, but I could be wrong about that.) 

Let me know what you think here.

For Volt I've always felt he should damage Grineer more. They are cyborgs, they should suffer from electrical attack! It should be Corpus>Grineer>Infested.

Shock is ok as is, just needs a damage buff and heavy stun for those not killed. Speed I don't like anyway so no real opinion. Shield should be 360° like snowglobe and Overload just needs a damage buff and for someone to let him down off the cross! Let him cast and run, not hang there like he's been nailed there.