The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Video Capture And Edit Software Do You Use For Your Vids?

KiloFoxx

Question

i don't have any on this comp, and despite being a fairly avid gamer, i'm quite computer illiterate. i don't really trust myself enough to go looking for one to use, and i've seen many linked videos of WF play, i was wondering what (i'm assuming) free softwares you used.

only thing i've found is Fraps, which limits me to only 10 SECONDS of video. which was fine for the video i first needed to make (prepping it for YT now after chaining together 3 Fraps segments), but i'd like to make longer ones without worrying about a 10-second limit.

any help would be appreciated, and thanks in advance

-Kilø The Toxxic Foxx

EDIT: the video i was uploading

Edited by KiloFoxx

8 answers to this question

One of the guys i was wallwalking today mentioned X-Fire. Unlimited recording time as per him.

edit: didnt know you where Toxxic!

yeah, my affinities are both ice and toxin. if they EVER come out with a toxic frame, (which will need SERIOUS work to be balanced seeing how BROKEN Toxic Ancients are) i will be maining that with my Frost in a SECOND.

I'll see about getting X-Fire tomorrow. though i'll likely run SOMETHING on Warframe tonight.

Now heres the thing...

Is there a video capture software that enables me to record my screen with more than 120 frames? like, 460 frames maybe?

Sunds crazy,I know, but i have reasons, really! Good reasons :>

Bandicam and Fraps are hardcapped at 120 frames, so no success there

Yeah and Bandicam seems to be much less hardware hungry while being able to compress the video files on the fly. Way to go for all you recorders!

Didnt manage to get Xfire to record warframe so far...

Edited by Nevrmoor

I use DXTory for recording. It's not free, but it doesn't limit how much you can record, doesn't split the files, and even allows you to choose which codec to use. As far as free capturing software is concerned, I only definitely know of "Debut Video Capture", but it comes with a crapload of other stuff that they want to sell you, so I'd rather try to avoid it.

Now heres the thing...

Is there a video capture software that enables me to record my screen with more than 120 frames? like, 460 frames maybe?

Sunds crazy,I know, but i have reasons, really! Good reasons :>

Bandicam and Fraps are hardcapped at 120 frames, so no success there

Yeah and Bandicam seems to be much less hardware hungry while being able to compress the video files on the fly. Way to go for all you recorders!

Didnt manage to get Xfire to record warframe so far...

i actually figured out how to, there's a "capture" key combonation, the default is alt-q or something, and that'll do screen record... i just havn't implemented it yet. i also remapped my keys.

go to tools-options and clich the video capture tab to find/change the key combo mine's alt-' now

i used to use fraps *cough* cracked version *cough*, though ever since i started doing livestreaming i use dxtory + xsplit now. xfire is okay, i just never really liked the application enough to warrant using it, though i did have a try of bandicam and it seems pretty nifty. at least seems less resource intensive as fraps.