Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Speed Strip

Ghosty-Jr

So I have been playing warframe for a while now and one thing I really think we need (Especially with Gauss coming) is a speed strip in the simulacrum or something along those lines.

-Why this would be a good Idea: Warframe has become a game of mobility when you are not flat out killing and traversing maps in the fastest way possible is the norm at this point, lest you use a specific frame for a specific reason. While this is all well and good you cant really test the overall mobility of your frame since most people will have played every tile set so much that it becomes second nature to hit the corners right, know exactly when to slide etc and this can make mobility comparison tricky without being actively aware of it. With a speed strip in the simulacrum however, you can test the utmost speed of frame in a controlled environment with flat terrain and expansive space to move.

-Why we need something so specific: In my opinion I think that we need a more controlled area to test speed, one viable option for speed testing right now is to go to either the Orb Vallis or the Plains of Eidolon however while they do provide the large space required for this kind of testing, neither have perfectly flat terrain in big enough size to get up to maximum speed and both have enemy patrols which can become a problem (Random nullies in the Vallis and the worst case of a Thumper in the Plains). With a specific zone to do this testing you can do proper testing without any uncontrollable random events occuring.

-Features of the Speed Strip: Because this speed strip would be an extension of the Simulacrum, an array or consoles, or one console with multiple tabs, would be needed. One console would include a slider that would allow a person to extend or shorten the length of said strip and allow you to set up time gates at specified distances (one time gate at 1000m another at 2000m etc). Another console would give the option to change the amount of debris/obstacles within the corridor. A final console would dictate if any frame buffs were to be applied (Volt speed, Wisp haste) and the duration these buffs last.

-The topic of Dojo obstacle courses: Many people may think immediately of the architect course but that is NOT the same as what I propose. For starters that is a large enclosed box and has limits as to its size and has no proper measurement tools. In addition, because it is part of the dojo, when you wish to attempt the course, you are transported to another space (Much like the sparring room) and it is rather bothersome to go to the dojo and then from the dojo to an alternate space just to do testing such as this.

Please tell me what you all think of this Idea

(Also DE if you read this, for the love of god, give us a fast travel to the simulacrum FROM OUR ORBITER)