Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: A Way To Kick Players From A Squad.

Karitori

Hi.

Recently I played a defense mission where one of our squadmates did nothing and just sit there and watch (leech) then it occurred to me. Could we get a way to kick a player from a squad even in the middle of a mission be it vote of everyone in squad or something that only host can do? It's my first time encountering the problem of leechers in the game and knowing MMOs I'd say not the last one especially once this game is out of CB.

Regards

Karitori

PS. Is there a rule against leeching/trolling (can't find a better way for it) your squadmates?

PSS. I know there is a way to report a player but there is no such thing there as Leeching only Spam/Offensive Language/Offensive Name/Harassment/Real-Life Threat could it be possible to add Leeching to that list as well or is leeching not that important to be on it in the first place(just trying to get some info here:P)?

Edited by Karitori

I dunno... that's so open to abuse. I know in HoN people would kick you simply because they didn't know you, you didn't "help" them (suicide so that they didn't die alone) or various other reasons. It used to ruin your stats in addition to basically ruin the whole effort you had put into that point. Legitimate kicks are one thing, but how do you prove that it's legit?

a votekıck optıon would be good. otherwıse ppl wıll just abuse the kıck optıons and get all the stuff themselfs and the kıcked ppl wıll not get anythıng.

ı had a leecher once too and ıts very anoyıng.

Edited by zikkim

And what about people just able to rush, and let you behind with all the mob? Just need a vote, this is all.

Even with voting, imagine three people who dislike one person. Can be three friends looking for a viable fourth, but if they don't like him, he's outtie for no reason and has a permanent mark on his profile (maybe perm, maybe not, who knows what they'll implement along with vote kick if it's passed)

*edit: I think voting is okay, even better if Host had some sort of rights.....

Edited by wheatnoodles

But what about people who join random squads? There must be a way to punish/scare people who are simply put: trolls.

Does that ever work in any game? Especially F2P ones?

I know that personally, I've got a wife (who plays this with me), kid, and currently a lot of leisure time. However, one of those two bothersome entities often call me to drop what I'm doing THAT MOMENT and go deal with them. As I stated before I seldom play in groups, usually keep it on private and play with friends (or go solo) that understand how it is. I won't lie though, I've had a few surprises where I left my team hanging, or lagged so badly that I was essentially useless.

With the peer-to-peer connection, that's not uncommon, and for many people simply needing to go AFK for 10 mins unexpecedly isn't either. I hope you agree with me that it's not always easy to tell the difference between the two if someone doesn't call it? I've also been joined to games that I didn't want to go simply because I forgot to leave group before I changed out mods or went for a pee.

Unfortunately there's no surefire way to rid a game of trolls. It's impossibru. Many games have tried, but trolls will be trolls, even when shutdown/banned, they'll make a new account and return, with their trollfriends as well. Not trying to troll you but more harm will be done to non-trolls than the trolls themselves.

• 2 weeks later...

With the way joining a map is designed in this game, a vote kick would be useless when the player in fault can join the same mission, or another party, right after. You can implement simple restrictions before having to resort to a vote system:

- For trolls, there's already a report option. I don't know if it's any effective, but it's a start.

- For leechers, they are often players with low-rank warframes/weapons trying to Power Level. A simple rank restriction when joining maps could get rid of a part of the problem: you can't join a map if you don't have the appropriate level for it. Each map already has a recommanded level bracket, so...

I highly suggest a level restriction to be implemented fast, power leveling being bad for DE: no use in buying those Affinity Boosters anymore when you can just leech in higher level maps...

Edited by Thelonious

• 4 weeks later...

Me and a friend recently played a defense mission. We were crusing along pretty well just the two of us, but to get to higher levels a 4 man team is a good idea. So we left it as public to hopefuly get some fairly decent team mates or even just meandering distractions. We got two people and were fairly happy until the excaliber went afk in the box...so not only is he not helping he is also not distracting mobs. and when we tried to get him killed by drawing enemies to him, Turns out the other player was his friend and was defending the leech. How about an auto kick system that kicks players who just sit there and do literally nothing? Or perhaps the option to kick arises when someone is inactive for long periods of time. Makes the game significantly less enjoyable when we have no way of countering these people.

What do I have to just sit there and accept this kind of behavior? Give me a way to remove detrimental players.

I understand the whole afk arguement. There is a clear an obvious solution. LEAVE THE GAME. let someone else take your place if your not going to contribute to the squad at all.

Edited by Kiafis

Thanks for this topic. I'm off to power level my gear. Letting people level me while I'm cleaning my apartment (its been awhile) sounds great.

You see DE, it's players like this that make me not want to play a game. Don't let this happen to this game, it's too good to die this way. I would love to be able to vote out a non productive player.

As to you Mr./Mrs player, go play WoW or something, I think you'd fit in there. They are all just like you. :/

- For leechers, they are often players with low-rank warframes/weapons trying to Power Level. A simple rank restriction when joining maps could get rid of a part of the problem: you can't join a map if you don't have the appropriate level for it. Each map already has a recommanded level bracket, so...

I highly suggest a level restriction to be implemented fast, power leveling being bad for DE: no use in buying those Affinity Boosters anymore when you can just leech in higher level maps...

YES. This would work SO well against leechers.

Here are the options:

1. AFK for more than 5-10 minutes = auto kick, however this would not apply on private games

2. Votekick. If you pro people want a good squad, just play with your friends in private. It's not that hard to switch the bar to 'Private'.

3. Level restrictions. I think it could work something like DCUO's Combat Rating system. The better your gear is, the higher your combat rating, which gets you into harder missions, which give better loot/more XP. I think it would be combined level of your gear, so like the first level of Venus would be like 8+ combined level or something.

The 4-vote system works pretty well for Left 4 Dead.

No, it doesn't. In L4D you're far more likely to get kicked for not being a pr0 speedrunner or looking at someone the wrong way than actually griefing.

An autokick/option to kick someone that pops up when someone is inactive for a certain period, like Kiafis suggested, would be nice though.

yea and i found that after defeating a boss,got bps,then ones that didnt would quit and it did the host migration bs=no bp,gone from my inventory.Oh and it would be nice if mods were a brighter color as dropped on the ground......

No, it doesn't. In L4D you're far more likely to get kicked for not being a pr0 speedrunner or looking at someone the wrong way than actually griefing.

An autokick/option to kick someone that pops up when someone is inactive for a certain period, like Kiafis suggested, would be nice though.

True on the first point, pal. I've gotten kicked from so many games within 30 seconds because two people joined who just ran ahead and left me to deal with all the specials and infected.

That said, the option to kick someone only once they've been inactive for a certain length of time would work well.

1. AFK for more than 5-10 minutes = auto kick, however this would not apply on private games

2. Votekick. If you pro people want a good squad, just play with your friends in private. It's not that hard to switch the bar to 'Private'.

3. Level restrictions. I think it could work something like DCUO's Combat Rating system. The better your gear is, the higher your combat rating, which gets you into harder missions, which give better loot/more XP. I think it would be combined level of your gear, so like the first level of Venus would be like 8+ combined level or something.

1. Yep, good idea.

2. And you will get kicked right after boss fall down just for lulz. No, thanks. Do not forget we getting all that crazy kids from Steam in 4 hours.

3. Do you forget all that rage about "back to Mercury" few days ago? And level restriction will make us repeat ALL low-lvl planets with EVERY frame. No, thanks, with S#&$ like this even I not sure if I can play.

The lev-restriction would definately not work lol. The high levs wouldn't allow any of your lev30 warframes to come into play. And I know its frustrating to see other players not do anything. But honetly in a defense mission. It's expected. Is the player just sitting there near the cryo, then he is doing what he is suppossed to do and not being a rambo wannabe or bruce lee and try to take on everything on his own and then complain hey why did I die lol. Well hell your way the heck away from everybody else. But hell their are so many defense missions in the game, why put a mark on a player or such when there are numerous options to go play at another map. They have no idea that your going to go there unless you tell them where your going lol. But putting a mark on somebody I don't see that happening. But if a kick system comes into play, then ill do mostly solo work then rofl. Cause there will be massively amounts of children and teenagers that decide to overly abuse that rule big-time. I seen it numerous times already. Especially in other mmo type games. They vote kick people just so they can find so bad-arse to come into play and then the person who done the vote kick is actually the one who truly is the one using other players for their own leisure. So I say an absolute no to it.

This is so easy to get around its not funny. If people wanna AFK, they gonna AFK.

I know it hurts your feelings when someone boots you from a game for not being an elite basement-dwelling pro in L4D, but I'm guessing ya got over it eventually, and with little therapy. Ya see, when these extreme anti-social types boot you from a game, they are doing YOU the favor, letting you go find a group you can actually have fun with.

But thats not the point. Someone disapproved of you and your ego was hurt, ergo: no voting system can ever work.

Which is fine with me, as soon as I can log back in I'm camping defense missions all day to power level my stuff. Better that I get to leech off you than risk someone not feeling included.

The lev-restriction would definately not work lol. The high levs wouldn't allow any of your lev30 warframes to come into play. And I know its frustrating to see other players not do anything. But honetly in a defense mission. It's expected. Is the player just sitting there near the cryo, then he is doing what he is suppossed to do and not being a rambo wannabe or bruce lee and try to take on everything on his own and then complain hey why did I die lol. Well hell your way the heck away from everybody else. But hell their are so many defense missions in the game, why put a mark on a player or such when there are numerous options to go play at another map. They have no idea that your going to go there unless you tell them where your going lol. But putting a mark on somebody I don't see that happening. But if a kick system comes into play, then ill do mostly solo work then rofl. Cause there will be massively amounts of children and teenagers that decide to overly abuse that rule big-time. I seen it numerous times already. Especially in other mmo type games. They vote kick people just so they can find so bad-arse to come into play and then the person who done the vote kick is actually the one who truly is the one using other players for their own leisure. So I say an absolute no to it.

No, I sit near the cryo defending it. The people we are talking about are the ones sitting in the box (get rid of that) behind the cryo, leeching. Mobs won't aggro them because the cryo is there. They AFK and profit from others hard work.