Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Problem With The Ogris And Shred, Or Puncture Mod

marcng

Have been using my Ogris for a long time now, absolutely love it.

Love it so much that i forma'd it a few times and it blasts anything below lvl80 away

The only disadvantage it had was the charge-up time, but then max'ed speed trigger + max'ed shred solve this nicely.

Because of the duality nature of shred, the rockets now penetrate walls, doors, mobs, and even floors.

Is there a way to make it NOT penetrate floors?

Maybe 3D modelling wise it appears to be a solid floor, it's just a thin polygon.

I mean, floors are floors right? It shouldn't just go right through.

It gets too difficult that, especially on T3 defense missions, I aim at the floor, and if there's a ragdolled mob there, the rocket goes right through it and disappear. It applies to pickups too, e.g. ammo boxes, mods.

I could aim at the same place and the rocket could go or not go through the floor. It's too random.

The rocket could vanish 4 out of 10 times.

Anyone else having problem with this?

I get this all the time. It's really bad at the endpoints of walkways/bridges. They look like they're floor but they're still walkway thickness, so it goes through. I've taken to keeping shred at minimum level on Ogris to prevent flying too deep. 

Edited by LtZerge

Well, back in Update 9 (because that was so long ago right?) they supposedly fixed a bug that prevented "Bolt" type weapons from getting use out of the Puncture Stat.

This altered the way the Ogris functions with Puncture, as the explosion effect occurs after the "bolt" of the Ogris, the rocket, hits it's target.

Because now your "bolt" passes though anything it's capable of passing though, and thus denying you the massive damage component (the explosion).

What this means for you: Don't use Shred, it sucks to lose the speed I will give you that. But it's the best work around right now.