Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Game mode Idea] Infested Tower Defense

Biotic_Prototype_6

Good morning everyone. I would like to share an idea for a game mode if you guys wouldn't mind.

I see that ever since survival is a thing, some people like to play camping in a corner or something like some kind of Tower Defense, waiting for enemies to get near, and its pretty fun with some frames like Mag/Vauban/Khora/Oberon or some loadouts like Explosive Weapons.

The thing is, Survival isn't a good mode to be doing this for many reasons, the major one being spawn locations/rates and the Life Suport mechanic.

Also camping in corners is considerably less effective when you are alone, and is disruptive if you are in a group since people will wander off to go kill things/pick life suport etc. Enemies tend to stop on their tracks too or cease spawning, and picking up a group of people to do this is not that much of enjoyable for what would be a craving for something a little different.

I've been a long fan of tower defense missions i RTS, right now particularly on They are Billions, and i think a game mode inspired on these RTS niches would fit well in WF giving it more variety, even if you do it once in a while or just to get specific one time rewards like the mods from Venus.

The idea would be the map being pretty small shapped like a hill or a corridor and with no random gen, making it lighter to load, but featuring a constant big stream of enemies, in this case the Infested.

The map would be partially covered in some danger zone which would feature a buff for enemies that stand in it and a debuff to allies that stand in it. Enemies that die outside of the danger zone would leave spores that will infect the ground, advancing the danger zone. This could be a soft cap along with enemy scaling to insentivise the player to find a balance between losing ground and fighting under pressure.

Also you could use the danger zone to ward off slow effects to prevent cheese strategies. Other AoE habilities like Vauban's Bastille or Mag's Magnetize would be disrupted by Disruptors themselves.

another thing that this game mode can provide the players with is making some underapreciated weapons like Explosives or Snipers to take out Healers/Disruptors, but i also picture everyone running Catchmoons/Arca Plasmors which could be a bit concerning.

Anyway i just would like to see this more niched gameplay added, so i can at least taste it even if once in a while.