Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[FIXED] Gladiator mod suite not working as expected

Galenmacil

I say as "expected" as I am not sure if it is as intended but poorly explained or just bugged. Allow me to explain:

Let's assume you have a weapon with a critical chance of 40% with no mod on it except Gladiator Vice, Rush and Might. The frame you use as the other three, Finesse, Aegis and Resolve, to form the complete suite of 6 mods. The set bonus description will then read "60% Critical Chance per Combo Multiplier".

So, with a 4x combo multiplier, you "should" get 40% Base CC + 60%* 4 Combo Multiplier = 280% CC. Of course, that won't be the case. Let's assume instead the suite bonus description should read "+60% Critical Chance per Combo Multiplier". Now that put the bonus in the same category as Blood Rush. The description is not exactly the same but the result should. Let's redo the math then:

40% Base CC + (40% Base CC * 60% * 4 Combo Multiplier ) = 136% CC. Now, that's a far more plausible value... Except that, in game, it does not actually give you 136% CC because it will never ever register an "orange critical" (> 100% CC) no matter how hard you try. Even raising the Combo Multiplier to 12x won't help: For all intent and purpose it act as if capped at 100%.

So is that intentional? Is the mod suit bonus no very clear on what it does? Or is it a bug?

TLDR: The Gladiator suite bonus will never allow you to register an orange critical or better by itself. It act as if capped at 100%.

Edited by Galenmacil
Bug was fixed