Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

diablo-inferno like hardmode "solar level"

xX-Kuro-Xx

PLEASE give me some harder and challenging content!

Can we *please* get a Diablo-inferno style "solar level" that allows us to repeatedly complete, reset, and replay the entire solar system story with everything higher level each time (Solar Level), optionally everything in nightmare mode (Solar Hardmode Level), and optionally playing solo only (Solo Solar Hardmode Level). 

Show these solar levels on our portraits.. and ideally let us choose to feature one on our Lander/Frame somehow. Make prominant leaderboards which show the highest solar-level and solo-solar-level... much like Path of Exile leaderboards.

This would (a) give us something varied and challenging to do with all these awesome frames, (b) allow us to re-enjoy the awesome story chapters over and over, (c) give us a reason to make use of varied play-styles, like stealth and bow snipers, that are lost once warframes become so uber you can just obliterate everything with almost any weapon, (d) give us a reason to try out and specialize different weapons for different situations; (e) lessen the problem where MR0-4 players are breezed through content by MR20 players they can't even keep up with.

I don't understand why this hasn't been done. This game has amazing gameplay. What it is lacking is any content and score-board that's even remotely difficult, to justify all this constant grinding and frame power scaling.

--------

Why?

In the first 20 hours of warframe there was a little challenge in understanding parkour, getting some basic mods, figuring out how to drop the parties the game keeps making, and farming the first 2-3 frames. However, after I got a shotgun and a few decent mods for it, the game became pretty easy.  I mostly used frost, until I got limbo, which made everything so easy it felt like it broke the game. My first couple eidolons were hard if I didn't get a good group, until I got some operator upgrades and a good sniper setup, and then I was the one making them ezmode. I kind of shifted to using Nezha, unless there was a reason to use something else, not because he's the most DPS, but because I just like his mechanics. 

During this whole journey, I felt I was being trained in how to use weapons and warframes and mods so one day I would be challenged to figure out how to surmount difficult obstacles...

...that day never came.

Other than learning the geometry of the new tilesets, or how to approach a new mob type, I can only think of a handful of missions that caused even the smallest of speed bumps. The Index mission where you had to win, but not by too much. I think I had to repeat that a second time to finish it. "Opening 3 caches during any mission on Uranus" required three attempts, but only because twice the mission bugged out. A few Sedna missions, like Vodyanoi Arena and Merrow I haven't been back to finish because I wasn't geared enough to do them when they were first unlocked. And of course the Umbra "operator only" mission, that seems like some kind of operator-progression check I have not bothered to grind past yet. The mastery ranks were challenging until I figured out how to "practice" them... Then having to "grind" to unlock the next one was such a ridiculous chore when the tests were so easy, so I gave up my hope that they would ever be hard. 

At around 600 hours, MR17, 39 frames. several frames and weapons that I forma-ed a few times, a couple mediocre arcanes, and a couple rivens for weapons i don't use.... and I can't find any content that presents an interesting hard challenge, or reason that I would bother grinding to make anything stronger. Plus, even if I want Rivens, being able to do only one sortie a day, means there would only be about 25-35 minutes of warframe worth playing each day. Doing dailies, or gift from the lotus, is mindlessly easy - not giving me any gameplay worth logging in for.

In the Bartle spectrum, I'm an achiever player. I don't care much about fashion. I don't care about collecting gear. I want a difficult challenge to surmount, a badge that shows I did it -- a leaderboard, and the climb to be at the top of it. Farming Kuva and Rivens I don't need, just to farm more Kuva and Rivens I don't need, seems nonsensical to me. Farming more frames, when I can finish all content I can find in 3 of them (Nezha, Frost, Limbo) seems non-sensical to me. I *love* the warframe gameplay, but I can't find anything interesting in the game. PLEASE give me a challenge!

I've done survivals until everyone else left. I've done ESO until everyone else left. The rewards are junk, and I they still don't get harder, just slower. I've done a bunch of nightmare missions, and while I like that they require me to pick an appropriate frame, I no longer find any of those hard either -- and also the rewards are crap.

I found the concept and combat in the game so fun, that I come back and boot it up every couple months, searching for anything worth doing in it.. and I just can't find anything. 

PLEASE give us some kind of really hard (solo) progression...

Edited by xX-Kuro-Xx